GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each week (or more often depending on weather conditions), I walk around the car with a soft rag and clean:

1. The front camera lens
  2. The side mirror cameras lenses (2)
  3. The rear mirror camera lens
  4. The backup camera lens

I've found that making sure these are clean and clear makes a huge difference in all of the camera views. Sounds obvious, but it's easy to forget and be frustrated with a poor camera views. Since the overhead view is am amalgam of four cameras, it can look bad with even a single dirty camera lens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Each week (or more often depending on weather conditions), I walk around the car with a soft rag and clean:

1. The front camera lens
  2. The side mirror cameras lenses (2)
  3. The rear mirror camera lens
  4. The backup camera lens

I've found that making sure these are clean and clear makes a huge difference in all of the camera views. Sounds obvious, but it's easy to forget and be frustrated with a poor camera views. Since the overhead view is am amalgam of four cameras, it can look bad with even a single dirty camera lens.
I was considering keeping a microfiber cloth or some wet window cleaning wipes for just that purpose.

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
With my volt, I'm not that OCD about it. When the dash complains about a sensor, I get out, lick my thumb, do a quick wipe, roll on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts