GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've posted in a couple of threads, and started one (on suggestions for how to handle charging in a home I expect to own for less than a year). Anyhow, I decided to "pull the trigger" and get my own 2017 Volt LT:

FWIW, the color isn't really accurately represented in online images; as the name ("citron green") suggests, it really is green, but it's a very pale green that tends to look more gold in digital photos -- and even in person under artificial light. I think I prefer a more gold appearance, but the pale green is preferable to the other spectrally-challenged offerings available on the Volt (and most other cars).

This car will replace my 2015 VW Golf diesel, which I'll sell back to VW as soon as they begin accepting them back, which should be in about two months. (For those not in the know, VW lied in its emissions declarations for its recent diesel models, so they're being forced to either buy them back at well above market value or repair the cars and pay owners some money in compensation.) I got my Volt now rather than wait so as to take advantage of a Rhode Island incentive program that looks to be in danger of running out of funds before VW begins accepting buy-backs.

I've driven my new car just a couple of miles, but so far it's been great!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the family and with each passing mile you will become more amazed and impressed with what GM did.

It's simply a stunning engineering achievement.

Happy Volting oh and don't forget to register your Volt on VoltStats.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Great color! I think it has been discontinued, so you may have a fairly unique car. As for charging, just use the excellent clipper creek unit that comes with your car. Either 120v or 240 v. If you have a close 240v outlet, you can either buy or make an adapter that allows you to use your existing evse. There are threads that explain it in detail. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts