GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new 2013 Volt owner out here in southern California. I traded in my '05 Lexus to get it. My OnStar and Volt-Stats.net name for it is "PowerTrip". ;)

I drive exactly 40 miles each day to work (round-trip) and in the two days I've owned my Volt, I'm yet to use any gasoline. I get home with less than one mile on the battery (it says 1 km since I like, and keep it on, the metric display).

I'm still getting around to configuring and setting up everything. Tonight I programmed the Universal Remote for my garage opening and I also mounted the stock charger on my garage wall.

The Volt is a real head-turner on the freeway. I notice people speed up to get next to me so they can check it out. At stop lights folks look at it from the other lanes. That's okay, I'm taking it in the morning to get the windows tinted. Does anyone have pics of their Volts with tinted windows?

·
8,680 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome. I see you've already discovered Voltstats. Lots of information here, and mostly friendly people too. With the Volt, that new car grin seems to last somewhat longer than most - actually it seems most of the original 2011 owners still have it.

We may need a warning label - it certainly looks like electric driving is habit-forming... ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
PowerTrip Congrats! Glad you are driving a VOLT as it is a great experience both in the pocketbook and in life/driving. Saghost is right, my smile is still on my face as I drive it (2011 owner and longest new car smile ever), the car still gets looks, I get stopped for questions and pictures (especially of it charging at a public charger). Enjoy the drive and the new found potential of what driving should be.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats on your new Volt, I hope you have many years of petro-free driving. I will caution you though, the smile never seems to leave your face.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have pics of their Volts with tinted windows?
congrats! we bought our 2012 USED (score!) a month ago today and are loving it more and more each day. not .01 spent on gas and we've logged near 1k miles already.

tinted windows are a must, in my opinion. ours came tinted pretty dark already :cool:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Truly is a magnificent creation. My great surprise, the longer I own the car, the more those 1,000 well thought out details by GM come to light, from the double front and rear sensors, keyless entry - by door, braking, sport mode, batter longevity, it's really a scientific wonder along with a delight to drive and own. No oil changes for 25,000 miles is pretty darn awesome too.

3,600 Posts
Congratulations, PowerTrip! Glad to hear you are enjoying the gas-free commutes to work! Have fun and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car. Seems like your commute is perfect. If you end up in a traffic jam you'll find that a sliver lining is you'll get more range!

Try doing a search for the tints. Lots of folks have done it and I think their experience would be helpful.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Yes the smile never goes away...miles of smiles to ya...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations on your new Volt. I got mine tinted with 3M Crystalline CR70 all around. It's barely noticeable but it rejects 50% of the heat from the sun, which is what I wanted. Some cops can be picky about how dark your tint is...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts