GM Volt Forum banner

My new Red Volt

8K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Cari 
#1 ·
I just took delivery of my Red Volt from Mangino Chevrolet in Amsterdam, NY.
It is an awesome vehicle and It attracted lots of attention driving around town.
I picked it up at the dealer on April 5th.
Mike Couture my salesman was fantastic and he even provided me a bottle of Korbel which was
conveniently waiting for me in the drink console.
I would highly reccomend this Chevy dealer in the Albany area!
My last 6 numbers of the VIN # is 102169.
Does anyone know if this was the 2169th off the line?
Thanks, Paul S.

#2 ·
Congratulations Paul and welcome to the club!! I understand that VIN numbers are assigned as the vehicles are sent to the paint shop. They may or may not come off the line in that order. Kinda makes sense when assemblies are based on parts availability. Now that the weather is warming up some, my ER is climbing. I regularly exceed 40 MPC, and I hope to top 50 miles with a real spring.

Enjoy the ride!!

Volt 63

#3 ·
Congratulations, Paul!

I picked up my Crystal Red Volt Saturday, and I agree it's a fantastic vehicle. Mine's #2380.

#7 ·
Congrats to Paul S. from another Paul S.

Paul (Cari's husband)

#20 ·
Oh no! another Paul S with a Volt. Only kidding! Good luck with youra, and what state are you in?
I have I think the first Volt in Montgomery County NY. The dealer asked me to attedn the local chamber of commerce meetin at end of month to present me the ceremonial Volt keys, Best regards, RED VOLT PAUL

#11 ·
Awesome. I really love the car!
Take care,

#12 ·
I too love my new Red Volt. Welcome! This past weekend I was on an extended trip through West Virginia (over 800 miles in 2 days) and I couldn't be happier with the performance of the car. Overall I managed close to 40 MPG, mostly while cruising at over 70. I79 in WV is very hilly and the car had no issue whatsoever doing what I asked from it.

#15 ·
No doubt about it, West Virginia is a wonderful place to drive a Red Volt! Especially in sport mode. Today I had to get across town and over the hill during lunch. Amazing how the Volt leaves the line at a light, leaps up a hill, and enables quick passing when the opportunity is there.

WVhybrid
VIN 1715

ps. my friend at WV DMV tells me I'm the first to register a Volt in West by Gosh Virginia.

#14 ·
Congratulations from another Red Volt, #2506 in Troy Michigan. Very good color, very good vehicle. Amazing though how quickly we get used to it as a new standard. I was beginning to think that the Volt was not much more quiet than a regular car. Then a few days in a row the ICE came on, sooner and sooner - and the noise level got much higher, but not right away - it seems to take a while and eases into it. Also took it on a trip to Ohio, 190 miles one way, no battery at the start - 45+ mpg. Not bad, eh? Wife loves the XM radio (classical channels).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.