GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my Red Volt from Mangino Chevrolet in Amsterdam, NY.
It is an awesome vehicle and It attracted lots of attention driving around town.
I picked it up at the dealer on April 5th.
Mike Couture my salesman was fantastic and he even provided me a bottle of Korbel which was
conveniently waiting for me in the drink console.
I would highly reccomend this Chevy dealer in the Albany area!
My last 6 numbers of the VIN # is 102169.
Does anyone know if this was the 2169th off the line?
Thanks, Paul S.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congratulations Paul and welcome to the club!! I understand that VIN numbers are assigned as the vehicles are sent to the paint shop. They may or may not come off the line in that order. Kinda makes sense when assemblies are based on parts availability. Now that the weather is warming up some, my ER is climbing. I regularly exceed 40 MPC, and I hope to top 50 miles with a real spring.

Enjoy the ride!!

Volt 63

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Congratulations, Paul!

I picked up my Crystal Red Volt Saturday, and I agree it's a fantastic vehicle. Mine's #2380.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats Paul:

Interestingly, a good friend of mine had a birthday on Apr 5, and was born and raised in Amsterdam NY. My Silver Ice Metallic is #2159, and I took delivery on March 28 in Rochester.

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
The news reports that we should expect $5 gas this summer. Good timing,Paul!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats to Paul S. from another Paul S.

Paul (Cari's husband)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI Barry:
Thanks for your reply and your VIN assigning method makes sense. I was surprised to hear that the Volt production is now getting close to 2500 units. I drove to work today and obtained 40 mpc, enjoy your ride, too! Paul

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Morning, Fishhawk.
Red is an eyecatcher!
I have the same options as yours.
#2169 Crystal Red, premium interior, jet balc dark accents, polished wheels backup camera and also parking assistant.
Take Care, Paul S.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
new Red Volt # 2169

Congrats Paul:

Interestingly, a good friend of mine had a birthday on Apr 5, and was born and raised in Amsterdam NY. My Silver Ice Metallic is #2159, and I took delivery on March 28 in Rochester.

How ironic! I took the Volt again to work and made it about 40 mpc. It seems the warmer the weather, the farther one charge will go. Take Care, Paul

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Good Morning, Fishhawk.
Red is an eyecatcher!
I have the same options as yours.
#2169 Crystal Red, premium interior, jet balc dark accents, polished wheels backup camera and also parking assistant.
Take Care, Paul S.
Awesome. I really love the car!
Take care,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I too love my new Red Volt. Welcome! This past weekend I was on an extended trip through West Virginia (over 800 miles in 2 days) and I couldn't be happier with the performance of the car. Overall I managed close to 40 MPG, mostly while cruising at over 70. I79 in WV is very hilly and the car had no issue whatsoever doing what I asked from it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations from another Red Volt, #2506 in Troy Michigan. Very good color, very good vehicle. Amazing though how quickly we get used to it as a new standard. I was beginning to think that the Volt was not much more quiet than a regular car. Then a few days in a row the ICE came on, sooner and sooner - and the noise level got much higher, but not right away - it seems to take a while and eases into it. Also took it on a trip to Ohio, 190 miles one way, no battery at the start - 45+ mpg. Not bad, eh? Wife loves the XM radio (classical channels).

·
Registered
857 Posts
I too love my new Red Volt. Welcome! This past weekend I was on an extended trip through West Virginia (over 800 miles in 2 days) and I couldn't be happier with the performance of the car. Overall I managed close to 40 MPG, mostly while cruising at over 70. I79 in WV is very hilly and the car had no issue whatsoever doing what I asked from it.
No doubt about it, West Virginia is a wonderful place to drive a Red Volt! Especially in sport mode. Today I had to get across town and over the hill during lunch. Amazing how the Volt leaves the line at a light, leaps up a hill, and enables quick passing when the opportunity is there.

WVhybrid
VIN 1715

ps. my friend at WV DMV tells me I'm the first to register a Volt in West by Gosh Virginia.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My new RED Volt

Congratulations Paul and welcome to the club!! I understand that VIN numbers are assigned as the vehicles are sent to the paint shop. They may or may not come off the line in that order. Kinda makes sense when assemblies are based on parts availability. Now that the weather is warming up some, my ER is climbing. I regularly exceed 40 MPC, and I hope to top 50 miles with a real spring.

Enjoy the ride!!

Volt 63
HI Barry:
Thanks for your reply and I am glad to be in the club.
On Friday, i drove to work 75 miles and with my charge used 0.7 gals or a combined 106 mpg!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Paul:

Thanks DK, I bet you're still enjoying your Volt. Mangine Chevy In Amsterdam is a great dealer and they won a trophy for #1 in service, While I was in CA e weeks ago, I stopped at Capital Chevrolet in San Jose and they had a waiting list of 30!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congratulations, Paul. Red is an excellent choice! I hope you enjoy many safe and silent miles.

WVhybrid
Thanks a lot. I cannot wait to see more of them on the road. Just bought the Level 2 Charger and it will be installed soon! Best, Paul

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The news reports that we should expect $5 gas this summer. Good timing,Paul!
Thanks Steverino. As I said in an earlier thread I got 106 mpc and gas on Friday. My driving style was 93 and 100%.
I bet a lot of the techies in CA will be figuring out a way to add more Li-On batteries, Paul

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats to Paul S. from another Paul S.

Paul (Cari's husband)
Oh no! another Paul S with a Volt. Only kidding! Good luck with youra, and what state are you in?
I have I think the first Volt in Montgomery County NY. The dealer asked me to attedn the local chamber of commerce meetin at end of month to present me the ceremonial Volt keys, Best regards, RED VOLT PAUL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts