GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is very well built. Very impressed. Just glad I finally have it installed so I can make extra trips in the evening.
I looked at a lot of other chargers but this one just seemed to be better made and has 25? of cable instead of 18?.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Canadian prices for EVSE units have been insane since the beginning. Clipper Creek sells as Sun Country Highway up here, my dad and I have the same unit except mine I ordered from the states for $349, his was $899. I think they can get away with it because the main three provinces that they're sold in also have credits from the government towards them (up to $500 off in Ontario here, for instance) when buying a new car. But if you buy a used one, like I did, I just order from a non-Canadian source. It's sad, but it's the same damn unit, you know?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also, to the original poster of this thread, that really does look like a good unit and I've heard nothing but go things about Flo. We have a few of their public chargers at the mall across the street, and one of my Volts gets charged there almost every day (-:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if that's in CAD it seems pricey compared to clipper creek.
Yes but the Canadian Gov gives out a $500 rebate for the unit and $500 towards the install. Plus the Flo requires a 40 Amp breaker which will allow me to upgrade to a pure electric in the future and charge at a higher amp.
A bonus is it is made in Canada and not overseas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts