GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I would like to be able set Sport mode as my default, it seems like I am always changing to that mode anyway.

2) I think that it would be cool to have a selectable gage set. Sometimes I would rather look at a speedometer than the MPH readout. It shouldn't be that hard to program a couple of choices in.

3) Maybe not a change to the Volt in particular, but I would like to see an electric car offering that was about 10-15% larger. I love my volt, but it is hard enough for me to get into the drivers seat let alone fit my buddies in the backseat. Also my golf bag does not fit in the hatch area without putting one of the backseats down. Sorry but the salesman lied to me about that one.

Just my 2 cents, I hope that somebody actually sees this.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1. My tuned Volt does default to Sport Mode. :cool:

2. I can live with the speed-O, but I'd sure love a Tach. One for ICE, one for Motor 1, and one for Motor 2.

3. Interesting. I do not doubt your need, but I'm just the opposite. I would love to see a slightly smaller car with a Voltec drive train. I think a base Voltec Sonic would be a big seller at $22,500. With Volt at $30,000. And Voltec Malibu at $37,500. And Voltec Impala at $43,500.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Thanks
I think that we all have a list of reqeusts, Chevrolet seems to be keeping its cards very close to the chest on the future. Good competitive planning I'm sure.

to be clear- I love my volt and think it is the best sub $50K car I have ever driven- out of dozens of late model cars. with sticker prices below $50K. These are all just wish list things---

My number one request is that GM offer software revision purchase options for older year cars. I don't want one for my 2013, but about 20% of the "wish list" items I read here could be cleared up if the 2011 people could buy an upgrade for $200 and the 2012 people could buy one for $150. For many years (1995-2003) Apple survived on selling OS upgrades every 18 months to their devoted customers.

the rest of my list:
1-cell phone as key fob. or much smaller key fob.
2- driver's seat set-back bracket kit, I'd like to move the whole thing back 2 inches and put myself in the middle of the travel rather than at the end.
3- 8/12 mechanical switch, even if it self resets every day, I could at least see the present setting.
4- AC compressor hold out
5- Tri screen showing radio setting, energy information and climate setting.
6- your second suggestion.
7 - splash guards for all 4 wheels- this would reduce my need to clean my rear window and camera housing 3x day.
8- low (30 watt) windshield base heater/fan anytime that heat is selected.... this bleed off used to be normal in cars, but has gone away. and I'm not a fan of the center top blow vents that replaced it in all cars.
9- anti stick coating on wheel well liners- I have to clean the snow out of them anytime there is snow on the road.
10- finger tab on charger door cover so that I can tug on it more easily as I press the release button.
11- broader coverage reflectors for low beams- this is another personal complaint with all new cars, no pedestrian coverage.
12- ICE coolant, RPM and oil temperature information, any time it is running.
13- Battery and controller and transmission temperature information,
14- Transmission outer ring lockup selection- (don't ask, I'd probably only use it once and then be terrified to try it again)
15- real, (hall effect) traction battery cable current information.
16- rear hand brake- sorry- I'm old fashioned about this.... it too is disappearing from all cars these days.
17 - head rests that form an extension of a vertical seat back rather than angle forward 20 degrees to cater to protecting those who insist on keeping their seat back leaned back to "lazy boy" configuration.
18- higher temperature range for the ICE coolant during ERDTT- I think the whole range is about 25 degrees F below where I'd like it.
19- much better aftermarket floor mats. I'm not really happy with the coverage I'm getting from my weathertech liners, I have water and debris under the left foot rest area and salt water running off the back end every time I drive up a slight hill. Maybe weathertech is in Kansas?....
20- ERDTT selectable to 4 ranges- 45, 35, 15 and 5

I'm sure there are more, but I will go back to my lunch now!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would like a nicer interior with softer touch materials- my biggest gripe is the hard plastic shift lever- give us a normal shifter with a touch of leather on it. The side armrest is also very hard plastic and uncomfortable. PS: My golf bag fits at an angle in the back luggage area without the seats down- but I have to take the driver and 3 wood out of the bag and place them at an angle on top or under the bag.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Agreed

I have to agree that a slightly larger Volt would be nice as you mention. I stated in another post that maybe a CUV/MPV type vehicle would work. I love my Volt as well, but between it being slightly too tight at times and heavy snows, a slightly larger one with a bit more ground clearance would be nice. We likely will not see this until the battery chemistry changes to allow for less size and weight for more space. The sulfur compound sounds promising (~4 x AER). Here's to hoping. :rolleyes:

3,608 Posts
1) I would like to be able set Sport mode as my default, it seems like I am always changing to that mode anyway.

2) I think that it would be cool to have a selectable gage set. Sometimes I would rather look at a speedometer than the MPH readout. It shouldn't be that hard to program a couple of choices in.

3) Maybe not a change to the Volt in particular, but I would like to see an electric car offering that was about 10-15% larger. I love my volt, but it is hard enough for me to get into the drivers seat let alone fit my buddies in the backseat. Also my golf bag does not fit in the hatch area without putting one of the backseats down. Sorry but the salesman lied to me about that one.

Just my 2 cents, I hope that somebody actually sees this.
Afternoon Marsenson,

1) The default of Normal mode is required to meet regulations.

2) Take a look at the ELR.

3) F = ma

Stay warm there in Chicago!

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service

·
4,881 Posts
Also my golf bag does not fit in the hatch area without putting one of the backseats down. Sorry but the salesman lied to me about that one.
I lay my golf bag back-to-front in the hatch area and BETWEEN the two rear seats, laying a portion on the armrest. That gives ample room for my bag, without having to put either seat down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
right now all I really want every morning is a heated stearing wheel. i hate driving with gloves on so i'm usually just freezing my fingers off.. BRRRR

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I concur that I would be nice to be able to select different dashboard layouts. But after 1.5 year with the Volt I have to say that the default layout has grown on me and is actually pretty good.

For displaying more nerdy engineering details a CAN bus device can help out. I'm using a DashDAQ that can be programmed to display most anything you want in any style. The disadvantage is that its a separate screen and rather expensive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks
I think that we all have a list of reqeusts, Chevrolet seems to be keeping its cards very close to the chest on the future. Good competitive planning I'm sure.

to be clear- I love my volt and think it is the best sub $50K car I have ever driven- out of dozens of late model cars. with sticker prices below $50K. These are all just wish list things---

My number one request is that GM offer software revision purchase options for older year cars. I don't want one for my 2013, but about 20% of the "wish list" items I read here could be cleared up if the 2011 people could buy an upgrade for $200 and the 2012 people could buy one for $150. For many years (1995-2003) Apple survived on selling OS upgrades every 18 months to their devoted customers.

5- Tri screen showing radio setting, energy information and climate setting.
Your number 5 would be brilliant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts