GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to thank those of you who have been encouraging drivers of the Volt to contact local media... It worked!

Please see this article that features my kids talking about our Volt!

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2012/04/chevy_volt_owners_continue_to.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+detroitauto+(Auto+News+-+MLive.com)

Also, please leave a comment in the comments section of the MLIVE article so that readers of the article can hear from other drivers of the Volt!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good effort by you and your daughters! The Volt-haters, such as those that have commented on that site, have their heads so far in the sand they will never see or hear the truth - - I have no sympathy for them! I will continue to enjoy driving our Volt, which has a combined 116 mpg average after 11,150 miles in 9.5 months!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good effort by you and your daughters! The Volt-haters, such as those that have commented on that site, have their heads so far in the sand they will never see or hear the truth - - I have no sympathy for them! I will continue to enjoy driving our Volt, which has a combined 116 mpg average after 11,150 miles in 9.5 months!
Thank you! I hope you can comment on the article... lots of feedback (not all positive) in the MLIVE website.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've posted twice now. Where do these trolls keep coming from? Nice job, Bobblehead! Your daughters are beautiful and I can see trouble for you ahead!! I've got two daughters myself and it ain't easy! But we all LOVE our Volt!!

Volt 63

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent job! I was thinking about posting a video of my 3 year old daughter describing how daddy’s car works, but after reading the responses I’m having second thoughts. It's a shame that a majority of the comments on that site are politically motivated and so painfully ignorant. I always hoped that the good people of this country are above that, but clearly I am mistaken.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here is what I posted:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Your kids are explaining the VOLT extremely WELL !! GOOD WORK !!

I am a VOLT owner since November 17th 2011 and already have 18 000 KM. My gas usage has gone DOWN by at least 80%!!

And here in QUEBEC, Gas is at a 5.60$ a GALLON, but electricity is 98% generated by clean Hydro Power and is quite cheap (8 cents / KwH, 24 hours a day) !!

Here is the HARD EARNED CA$H that I save EVERY MONTH, compared to my previous car:

BEFORE, I had a Ford Fusion 2010, 4 cylinders SEL...
Monthly payment: 450 $ / month (bought for 28 000$ before sales taxes)
Gas: 2 fill ups per week, therefore 600$/ month (one fill up = 60 litres)
Total running costs: 1050$ / month

VOLT 2012:
Monthly payment: 600$ / month (bought for 37 000$ plus sales taxes -- INCLUDING INSTANT PROVINCIAL REBATE OF 7769$)
GAS: 2 fill up per month: 90$ / month
Total: 690$ / month !!!!!!!!

370$ / month in my pockets ... and thats day 1! That's a direct SAVING of 4400$ per YEAR. And this calculation was based on gas at 1.30$ per liter. Right now, gas is at 1.49$ per liter at the pump, so the savings are greater!!

Note: I do 35 000 KM per year since I'm using my car for work ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts