GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title say, few days ago I washed my car (pressure wash, as many other times) and when I try to close the car from the handle button, I just realize it's stop working. Check all the other door's and other one on the back - same, did not work but after few minutes it start working as normal. Outside was abous 1celsius so I was thinking maybe some water get inside, a bad connection, and if I let it few hours it will came back to normal. It's now the thirth day and nothing. I try to blow with air in gaps but nothing. I understand that it's a common problem but I did't know till now.
Anybody else had this problem, and if yes, did someone fix this? I understand from the service dealer that it's not that easy to replace and neither cheap.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. Started with rear passenger door and now drivers door button will not work. The fobs are fine, new batteries and even tried the button with the fob closer to the receiver with no luck.. not sure if the button on the handle went bad or a wire connection. The driver door went out after an ice storm covered the car in ice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday I went to dealer service and they remove the door panel, check the wires and everything was in place so I order the door handle ( about 90Euro for front door, and double for the back one, don't ask me why cause they look the same), I just order the front one that I used most. As you mention the ice storm I remember that also my driver door stop working after car wash or ice storm, I am not shore. Winter is the most stressfull period of year for Ampera/Volt. All of my problems appear in winter time. Steering column lock problem, 12V battery, range estimator out of sync....

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
My door button locks/unlock started working with our unseasonably cold weather (drops below freezing at night, coldest long term "weeks" on record, ever) and accompanying lower relative humidity. We'll see if they continue to work when it warms up (hopefully in a week or two).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts