GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the design needs to change from concept to production.
I don't understand why it needs to be the most boring design ever.

How much do you gain in aerodynamics to sacrifice that much in design and style?

Does the car go from a concept with 35 miles between charges to the production with 40 miles between charges?

It doesn't matter if no one buys the car.

What Chevy is doing is not working and what they continue to do is produce more of the same garbage and expect different results.

Here's a definition of insanity by some guy named Albert Einstein:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I've never been a Chevy guy but I was excited about this car, I'm a 30 something that was looking for something exciting from Chevy and I guess that's my own fault.

You've lost another potential customer and I expect many more.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You've lost another potential customer and I expect many more.
. . . and gained many others. To each his own.

For me, the concept car looked a little impractical. It looked like the windshield was a narrow slit - I wondered what kind of view I would have looking out of it. I liked the technology concept, but was afraid that the car would be low, little, and cramped - I'm a big guy.

And what was going on with those odd sections on top of the doors - to me, they looked as if they were made of transparent plastic. If so, that would be a great place for algae to grow, and be impossible to clean it out.

I also thought the wheels looked a little too big. The list goes on . . .

Yes, I am one of those who LIKES the way the Prius looks. Not because it is distinctively noticeable as a hybrid, or anything like that. I don't give a #^$% what anyone thinks of how my car looks. I like the Prius because it looks well-designed from an aerodynamic standpoint - and the whole name of the game is mileage. The inside of the Prius suits me as well - it is surprisingly roomy.

I am hoping the Volt is all that I could hope for; if not, I'll get a next-gen Prius or something else. Whatever I choose will be selected for its practicality, not it's appearance.

I don't understand why some people are so hung up on the appearance of the Volt. But, that's how it is. I don't think less of them, either. Thank God we are not all the same, eh? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Grandmother really will love it.

I agree with you that some people will not care about the appearance of the vehicle, only the specs.
But I also think that group consists of only a small number of people that are content with the boring styling of the production model.
I admit that if I am being asked to pay over $30k for a Mom and Pop Chevy sedan, I want it to be sexy.
Again, there is a small group of people who do like the look of a Prius and probably do like the look of the production Volt.
Even if I was a smarter man and wanted to buy a car on specs alone, I would buy a Toyota over a Chevy any day.
It was the sexiness of the concept volt that even caught my attention in the first place.
The appearance of the new Volt will not take any market by storm, all the advanced technology under the hood will go unnoticed by most people that can't get by the boring exterior.
I'm not a fan of American styled cars, and the production Volt continues the long history of drab watered down styling.
Of course this is just my opinion, but I think if Chevy is pinning it's hopes on the success of the Volt, then many Chevy workers should start working on their resumes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts