GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The recent main-page story "Debunking Chevy Volt Myths" inspired me point-by-point to make the following video (to go "viral" lol)

Please critique on how it can be made even better - and I will "fix" it...then, maybe find a "sticky" home for it somewheres...

So here you have - The Scary Truth about The Chevy Volt (scary if you're in Big Oil that is!!!)
http://youtu.be/EQJ6NWe0t3g

· Administrator
23,406 Posts
Perhaps a bit more reading time for the longer bullet points.
"Recharges while you sleep" ?
"Eligible for the $7,500 Bush electric vehicle tax credit"

I'd love to see & hear the dash boot up (maybe at the end?).

· Registered
2,423 Posts
It's pretty good. Just don't activate the adsense since you have a copyrighted song on there.... you're whole account will get suspended...

MrEnergyCzar

· Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed.

Will try to fit that in. I could do a whole video on charging!!!

Sorry no politicians nor explicit tax policy mentions allowed.(I did include the latter in the price comparison :)

Great idea! Look for these enhancements in Volt-mercial 3.0!

· Registered
375 Posts
I agree on the longer reading time on the longer bullets and the additional ones Steve suggested (even if you keep Bush out of it you could say is was passed in 2007 or something like that).

I personally would choose different music that doesn't repeat so much. And if you can get something not copyrighted, even better.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
I like the info-mercial. Very nicely done.

However, three points:

1-Why is there not a 1080p version?
2-When doing copy on a video, less is more. The more copy one has to read, the higher the change of losing the audience's attention.
3-Why get all political on us? What does having Bush's name displayed have to do with anything? Doing so will probably alienate half your audience. (also related to #2 above)

· Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Responses to your 3 points

1. Not sure, my rendered original is a lot better quality, maybe default settings in YouTube? I will look in to it.

2. Yes, agreed but much to properly cover/debunk on a minute - what "fat" do you suggest I trim?

3. First two versions contained no mention of Bush 41 for similar reasons, but a member suggested it and I relented. It's just fact, no spin. Bush signed the law that make it possible to buy a Volt for ~same amount as an average new car. Thanks George! Obama signed the extension allowing 200k units per manufacturer. Thanks Barack! Those who can't deal with facts have bigger issues than hatred of EVs and/or Bush, IMO. My advice to them - See a therapist, then get a Volt. That was opinion, of course ;)

PS and thank you much PowerTrip for the constructive feedback!

· Registered
122 Posts
I watched it on my iPhone and found the text to be a bit hard to read. The highlight bar over the text often lowered the contrast. On the bullet point for the monthly cost versus gas was especially hard with white text on a silver background.

While fact filled, it needs something to make it feel fun and stand out. I'd suggest adding some audio from the car itself. (Startup sound, shutdown sound, horn chirp) Perhaps find some interesting stories including how far some people have gone without a charge. Or crazy things like going down a hill and adding miles to your range. How about comparing lifetime MPG versus the next best hybrid?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.