GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on vacation for 3 weeks in Europe. Actually, it was an excuse to see what EVs were over there, don't tell my family :)

10 days in Israel, saw zero EVs.

In Berlin, only EVs I recognized were a set of ride share Smart EVs. While taking these pictures a local Berliner came up to me and asked me about EVs. I of course talked up the Volt.

In Amsterdam I saw one Volt and one Ampera. Didn't get a chance to get the picture of the Volt as I was in a Taxi at the time. They sure do have some small and narrow cars there in Amsterdam. Of course bicycles seem to out number cars like 10 to 1 there. Biggest problem is where to park all the bikes!

I saw the most EVs in Paris. I saw several bunches of Bolloré Bluecars parked on the streets. I saw 2 of these driving on the streets. I also sighted one Ampera in Paris.

On my last day when I was in Versailles I saw this vehicle. No idea what this is, looks pretty cool though.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome back Ari.8^D I was beginning to worry about you missing in the forum.

Nice pictures! I'm surprised that you didn't see more EVs in Holland.

You may have read Jeff's lead story of the imminent demise of the Ampera in Europe. We can't expect to see more EVs if they stop making them (at least GM's EVs).

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back Ari.8^D I was beginning to worry about you missing in the forum.

Nice pictures! I'm surprised that you didn't see more EVs in Holland.

You may have read Jeff's lead story of the imminent demise of the Ampera in Europe. We can't expect to see more EVs if they stop making them (at least GM's EVs).
Thanks. I was only in Amsterdam for 1 day. Only really went there to go to the Anne Frank house. I'm sure I would have seen more if I spent more time there.

·
2,358 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Last one is a Renault Twizy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've driven Twizzy. Fun to drive, but very stiff shock absorbers. On city roads the ride is too rough for my taste. I'm also a motorcycle rider and it's much rougher than a motorcycle. I still have my 2008 Vectrix electrc maxi-scooter, which was assembled in Poland ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts