GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Another Fairly Positive Volt Review:

Charles Fuller of Design News found the Volt Surprising in its Luxury and Drivability.
and states that the Volt Cockpit feels like a fighter jet. It took him 45 minutes to fill the Volt
gas tank as it attracted so much attention. (Us Volt owners know that feeling!)
He was not too keen on the Volt Interior space, though and he mentions the lack of available charging stations.
This will, of course take some time.

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp?section_id=1366&doc_id=231506

Also see the blog by EE Times Editorial Director, Brian Fuller

www.driveforinnovation.com

Paul S. Red Volt # 2169

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
He got the price wrong ($57K), which was pointed out and acknowledged in the comments. However, he has not updated the article, which is going to mislead a lot of people (not every article reader will read the comments).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow, there is still a LOT of misinformation out there by reading the comments. People think it's a pure EV with limited range and Very expensive. I can't wait till Volts are seen more frequently on the road to help dispel these misunderstandings. It is a great car for America today!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow, there is still a LOT of misinformation out there by reading the comments. People think it's a pure EV with limited range and Very expensive. I can't wait till Volts are seen more frequently on the road to help dispel these misunderstandings. It is a great car for America today!
Yep, there is a ton of misinformation out there...but GM can only blame themselves for that. Maybe they're waiting for the nationwide rollout to start doing more advertising/education. I couldn't believe one of the first comments I read was "I had not realized this burned gas".

·
Administrator
20,586 Posts
I couldn't believe one of the first comments I read was "I had not realized this burned gas".
The lack of a tailpipe sticking out the back of the Volt conveys a subtle "no gas" message. Of course there is one, you just don't see it. Hmm, never thought about the lack of an exhaust cloud in winter as another tell-tail!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep, there is a ton of misinformation out there...but GM can only blame themselves for that. .
I think that's a touch too hard in regards to GM. If I was GM I wouldn't have spent very much money advertising the Volt or trying to educate the public on it. Demand is exceeding supply and they have plenty of time until that changes. Until that time GM should keep it's powder dry and let the Volt and Volt owners speak for themselves.

This is the best course of action since almost every piece of misinformation out there is grossly and negatively biased against the Volt. Once people get informed about what we owners are actually experiencing in the Volt and how it performs they are almost universally impressed. In other words, expectations for the car (it's a limited range glorified golf cart) is so incredibly far from what GM has actually produced as to be laughable.

Anyway, GM should save their money until they foresee a day when production is outpacing sales. They can then go into education mode. Until then they should spend their money on figuring out ways to reduce costs because the sale price is the main obstacle to going mainstream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts