GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2015 Volt a couple weeks ago from the dealer and I've loved browsing this very informative forum.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the my.cheverolet.com website?

Everytime I log in it asks me to confirm my username, which means I have to wait for the email and then confirm.

Once I finally get in, it never shows my charging status nor my efficiency stats.

I just wanted to find out if anyone else is having these problems before I decide to call the website support team.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Have you set up an account with OnStar? I bought my 2015 in May and soon after I pushed the OnStar button and the nice lady gave me 1 month of free wi-fi, turn by turn navigation, etc., plus 5 years of the remote app services. You might want to check out the myvolt.com site also: https://secure.myvolt.com/web/portal/home even though it's showing a notice that it will soon be going away. You can still use the functions there for now. But to use these sites and the phone app I think you need an OnStar account.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I do have an On Star account. I was able to fix the confirmation problem by temporarily changing my email to a different email I use. Since then it has not asked me to confirm. I contacted support and they mentioned they were having website problems which may be causing my charging and efficiency stats not to show up.

Has anyone had any recent problems with the stats showing up?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone had any recent problems with the stats showing up?
I actually just called OnStar about this on Thursday. They transferred me no less then 5 times. Last thing I was told me was that a level 2 or something would call me for further testing. Sounds like I needed a software update? It's odd that the app works as well as the myvolt site.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just called OnStar about this on Thursday. They transferred me no less then 5 times. Last thing I was told me was that a level 2 or something would call me for further testing. Sounds like I needed a software update? It's odd that the app works as well as the myvolt site.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
They told me the exact same thing. I don't plan on continuing my on star trial and would like to make sure this website works for charging status.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just checked this morning and it looks like they added a separate page for the charging and efficiency stats, which now work for me. Maybe they are going through a big website overhaul (for the last 2+ weeks I guess).

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I just checked this morning and it looks like they added a separate page for the charging and efficiency stats, which now work for me. Maybe they are going through a big website overhaul (for the last 2+ weeks I guess).
Well hot damn.. I didnt think they would actually fix anything :) still missing some info but at least I can use the site to see charging status.

Text Font Line Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well hot damn.. I didnt think they would actually fix anything :) still missing some info but at least I can use the site to see charging status.

View attachment 154833
Yea its a good sign they are updating things. Does anyone know if we can still access this with the basic onstar plan? My understanding is the app charging stats may go away without a paid plan.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Can you check yours out again? For some reason now mine is in Killometers? I cant do that kind of math :)
If multiplying by .6 is to tough just divide by 2.....close enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anyone is still seeing the old style home page, you may have to clear your web browsers cache and reload, my work laptop was still showing the old homepage with the non-working charge stats. The new page is accessed by clicking the blue "View Charging Stats and History" button.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So the website seems like it started working... ish. This weekend. However4 I know the miles are not correct. Sunday had 3 miles... we did not drive the car on sunday. Sunday also reported 4kwh of power used? One thing that may go for the 4kwh of power, is we did get home later Saturday night so it may of rolled some of the mileage/power over from Saturday? At least OnStar is working on it.

Text Green Font Line Diagram

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I haven't been able to retrieve anything since early July. Even my dealership (2nd free oil change) on June 30 hasn't shown up yet and I know my dealership is good about updating. I get nothing but time outs on the charging status.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
So the website seems like it started working... ish. This weekend. However4 I know the miles are not correct. Sunday had 3 miles... we did not drive the car on sunday. Sunday also reported 4kwh of power used? One thing that may go for the 4kwh of power, is we did get home later Saturday night so it may of rolled some of the mileage/power over from Saturday? At least OnStar is working on it.

View attachment 154913
Just checked it. Still getting No data available for this time period. Nothing has changed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't even add my VIN(s). After entering the VIN and hitting the Find vehicle button...nothing happens. Also when I try to link accounts, etc., the site just clocks away.

EDIT: Well, logging out and logging back in fixed that issue......

1 - 20 of 42 Posts