GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2018 Volt. From day 1, I have had access to the "EV Status and Statistics" page on my computer via my.chevrolet.com. In fact, it pops up prominently on the landing page for the vehicle profile. Regrettably, in retrospect, I took advantage of a several month On-Star free trial period. Coincident with the end of the trial period, I lost all access to that specific web page and get a "contact On-Star" error message.

I've been around and around with On-Star reps, who really want to sell a monthly plan. They insist that access to that web page requires an On-Star account. They keep referring to access via the mobile app. I've explained to them that: 1) while it's lovely, I don't need the mobile app, which is described as "remote access" which I interpret to be things like starting or locking your car via the app; 2) I've always had access to the my.chevrolet.com EV Status and Statistics webpage from my computer, at least until the recent trial period expired; and 3) the EV Status and Statistics is a drop-down under "Vehicle Health", not "On-Star Connected Services".

Something called "Chevrolet Connected Access" is supposed to be active for 10-years, but the definition of what is included is, well, vague. Has anyone experienced this? Am I wrong in thinking that I should be able to view this information via my computer?

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, you should still get access to the EV Status and Statistics on myChevrolet with the Basic Plan (free). I have a 2017 Volt and have access to everything on that page. That being said, it rarely works correctly, reports incorrect driving totals, incorrect fuel use and incorrect charging stats. Early in my Volt ownership, the site worked pretty well but has gotten worse over time. I've tried to have it corrected by calling into a rep (no small feat) and sometimes it works and sometimes it results in fixes. I've given up and just go with what it displays. You can get far better detail from voltstats.net. I really wish that the EV stats site worked well but I'm not holding out much hope. Give it a little time, it may correct itself and start working. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will be curious to see if voltstats.net is able to pull the data from On-Star. I had volunteered to provide data to a battery research project and got a notification from them that they were no longer able to get data from On-Star when my access to the EV Status page was cut.

I've written to the Director of Member Services at On-Star, and am waiting to see if I get any response. So far, all I've gotten is a two-month "courtesy" extension.

All very frustrating.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
970 Posts
So my app my chevrolet on my iphone is weird after accepting terms and conditions
keeps saying updating
under diagnostic information it says please wait
is it uploading my life history
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts