GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past when I went into the My Chevrolet app and looked under Vehicle Status it would show me the charging rate (8 or 12 amps) as well as the Charge Settings which is set to “immediate”. Does anyone know why the charging rate isn’t showing up anymore?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
In the past when I went into the My Chevrolet app and looked under Vehicle Status it would show me the charging rate (8 or 12 amps) as well as the Charge Settings which is set to “immediate”. Does anyone know why the charging rate isn’t showing up anymore?
You can try logging in to the web site at https://secure.myvolt.com/web/portal/home, check your settings. If you still don't see your Charge Settings try downloading and reinstalling the app on your phone.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I've never seen the charging rate in the My Chevrolet app. I just downloaded the most recent update and I still don't see it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was definitely there. I think it stopped showing up when I switched to location based charging so that I don’t have to keep selecting the 12 amp setting. Now on my charging screen that lists home as my location, the charging rate option on the car screen is grayed out since it’s preselected.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's just GM wanting to get more money from you for an Onstar subscription. It did used to be there. It went away near the end of last year if you only have the basic Onstar plan. Heck, unless you have it already, the basic plan doesn't even come with a new car anymore.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I turned the location based charging off so that I have to select the 12 amp option to see if it would show up in the app. It doesn’t. Pretty weird as I know it was there a few days ago because I would often use it to confirm that I had changed the charge rate. I even tried deleting the app and reloading to no avail.

Something that might be in play, my first month of full service onstar just expired on 6/18. I wonder if that functionality was a feature of the full boat onstar.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Apparently that feature is not available for my 2015. I'm still in the full OnStar trial period.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
659 Posts
I just noticed this 8 amp/ 12 amp selection is gone on my app. Same on the My Chevrolet app. Have a valid onStar subscription and I have not changed my location based setting(was always on).

On the positive side my charge complete texts have started working again after a hiatus of about 8 months!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I just noticed this 8 amp/ 12 amp selection is gone on my app. Same on the My Chevrolet app. Have a valid onStar subscription and I have not changed my location based setting(was always on).

On the positive side my charge complete texts have started working again after a hiatus of about 8 months!
If you charge using Level 2 there is no 8/12 amp option.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
659 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just noticed this 8 amp/ 12 amp selection is gone on my app. Same on the My Chevrolet app.
That option NEVER worked every single time I tried to use it. I gave up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts