GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally don't need a whole lot of amenities interior-wise. I think the AC outlet idea is a good one. I'd like to see the base sound system only include am/fm and an aux input for a portable device. As a matter of fact, I'd like the extra features that would normally consume power in the passenger area to be sparse; Anything to increase range.

It would be cool to have some sort of connection, whether it be serial port, usb, or something similar to provide advanced data to the tech-savvy owner about performance. Maybe a small application that you install on your laptop that monitors your ride, and tells you "Hey, your route today consumes more energy. Consider using the route you took yesterday." Something that would teach me to be more conscious about the way I drive the technology.

I think that the more I'm able to use devices that aren't directly tied to the charging system, more power can be saved for the platform. I will probably always be allowed to charge a laptop and mp3 player at work, but I'll probably meet resistance in getting a reserved, power-equipped parking space at the office.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts