GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Chevy Volt Interrior

My Chevy Volt needs to be as close as the concept as possible that looks sweet so far where the red accents are I like a silvery blue accent trim. with light grey

As for electronics MP3/cd/FMHD-FMa or XM option
removable Media Harddrive with usb option to hook up to Home pc to transfer Mp3s from Home pc.

Obvious ONStar is a Must for any electric car just in case something goes wrong with the volt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. charcoal or blackout interior for me.
2. LCD panel display that can provide information about how the car is operating, including service codes, performance, etc.
3. 120v AC outlets
4. iPod dock or connector ports for audio system
5. Some kind of tray(s) or support(s) for laptop computers (when we go mobile, I bring my mobile broadband card now and surf the Web in the car)
6. USB port for jump drives, hard drives or computers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Obvious ONStar is a Must for any electric car just in case something goes wrong with the volt.

I like the concept of ONStar, but I just don't want any more bills to deal with. Maybe if they could just give you a "lifetime" subscription option (for as long as "you" own the car) when you buy the car or maybe a 3 or 5-year subscription option.

Pay once and then forget it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Volt

I want my volt to look almost exactly like the concept, both inside and out, I know the outside is changing, but I just hope it isn't all that much...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally don't need a whole lot of amenities interior-wise. I think the AC outlet idea is a good one. I'd like to see the base sound system only include am/fm and an aux input for a portable device. As a matter of fact, I'd like the extra features that would normally consume power in the passenger area to be sparse; Anything to increase range.

It would be cool to have some sort of connection, whether it be serial port, usb, or something similar to provide advanced data to the tech-savvy owner about performance. Maybe a small application that you install on your laptop that monitors your ride, and tells you "Hey, your route today consumes more energy. Consider using the route you took yesterday." Something that would teach me to be more conscious about the way I drive the technology.

I think that the more I'm able to use devices that aren't directly tied to the charging system, more power can be saved for the platform. I will probably always be allowed to charge a laptop and mp3 player at work, but I'll probably meet resistance in getting a reserved, power-equipped parking space at the office.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was thinking at minimum a USB port to load music into an mp3 player but you're ideas are right on the money. I like them a lot.

The neat thing is that the car would just need to provide basic information and interface and then people would have all kinds of third-party aps that would pop up for it.

For example, it would be great if you cold have a computer program that tracked how you used the car. You could use a jump drive or wireless network connecter to get information into your home computer to show your maintenence schedule, gas usage, gas mileage, etc. If you had onstar it could keep track of where you've been with the car and you could look at past routes and locations visited on your computer. You could help you "learn" the fastest routes to work or to commonly visited locations, the possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The neat thing is that the car would just need to provide basic information and interface and then people would have all kinds of third-party aps that would pop up for it.
GM would be wise to protect the car from third party interfaces. Much like reprograming a pcm for more performance in a sports car or truck. IT would reduce GM's ability to control and monitor warranty claims if they made the system too easy for third party software. This will be a new car, and with that people will expect a warranty. There's no way it will get the same 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, however. I'm guessing my like 3 years/ 36,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts