GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gently used Fully Loaded 2013 they even charged it before shipping it.

IMG_20150514_093704.jpg

It was the 1st time I had ever seen/driven one. The ride is very smooth and driving in L is crazy cool in the city.

The dealer forgot to put the temporary tags on it and is overnighting them (I bought the car out of state), so I only drove it around the block. Since it's an out of state purchase I have to have the car inspected before I can get tags. I'll be doing that next weekend.

I honestly have no idea why it doesn't sell better. The 2016 having a more "conservative" look might change things.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Ooops. You bought the slow color! :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you'll learn lots of cool stuff you didn't even think to ask from this site.

I am curious though, why did it come on a trailer? Why not just drive it?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Gently used Fully Loaded 2013 they even charged it before shipping it.

View attachment 77465

It was the 1st time I had ever seen/driven one. The ride is very smooth and driving in L is crazy cool in the city.

The dealer forgot to put the temporary tags on it and is overnighting them (I bought the car out of state), so I only drove it around the block. Since it's an out of state purchase I have to have the car inspected before I can get tags. I'll be doing that next weekend.

I honestly have no idea why it doesn't sell better. The 2016 having a more "conservative" look might change things.
Congratulations! You'll love the car!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have to echo what others have said, you're going to love the car and congrats. You're going to love the car!

Haven't seen one before?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats!!!

Hey I'm excited for you. Could you let me know who u bought it from and who did the shipping? I'm wanting to buy from out of state as well. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
This is pretty much the future of car buying. Order, pay, ship, receive. Like any other consumer product. Want a better deal? Search the entire U.S.

Congrats on the Volt. No regrets here.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Congrats on the new Volt, as others have said, you will love it. We have bought two out is state Volts and have enjoyed both emensly. No problems at all. Where in the wild world are you located? Volts aren't selling that well around here, but hardly a day goes by that I don't see one on the road. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the new Volt, as others have said, you will love it. We have bought two out is state Volts and have enjoyed both emensly. No problems at all. Where in the wild world are you located? Volts aren't selling that well around here, but hardly a day goes by that I don't see one on the road. Enjoy the new ride.
I'm in Kansas City, Missouri. All the Volts around here I found on the Web were too much. I had found a 2014 in my local area that had been sitting on a lot the dealers lot for 456+ days or something like that and they still wanted full price for it. The sticker on my 2013 was $44k I got it for $19 no rebate can beat that price. We don't have any state rebates for EVs here.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Wow, they have a lot of used Volts. Especially when you consider they don't sell new Chevys!
Looks like that dealership has been acquiring relatively low mileage lease returns. They seem to even be pricing them appropriately. Hopefully they have success selling those Volts to Volt "virgins". :p

·
Registered
800 Posts
This is too cool !... Is it safe to assume robomonkey spent some time on this forum, lurked around online, and pulled the trigger WITHOUT ever sitting in one, little less driving one?
Car buying used to be a family event, now it seems we're going into an era where car buying is like purchasing a coffee maker on Amazon... awesome !

Congrats on your Volt ! - you will love it

·
Registered
534 Posts
Glad you bought a Volt, but I can't believe you bought a car without driving it or one like it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Glad you bought a Volt, but I can't believe you bought a car without driving it or one like it.
Robomonkey must be rich ( whats a 20k here or there :p ) , and smart :)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Congrats robomonkey, looks like a great car! Your weather looks just like Iowa today, dreary.

I have had my Volt for 9 months now and really enjoy driving it. Went 4 months between fill ups, can't beat that :)

Eric

1 - 20 of 32 Posts