GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, on Saturday I traded in my 2012 Volt for a 2017 Audi Q3.

Nothing on the market or the horizon looked good to me as an option in EV, and frankly, I missed some of the features that cars have (panoramic sunroof, lumbar support, memory seats, all wheel drive).

I'll still stick around and read what is going on in the EV market as I am still interested in the forum, but no more electric fun for a few years.

Once I have a chance, a Clipper Creek charger and some winter wheels/tires along with Volt winter mats will be on the market!

Been fun!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sorry to see you go but I certainly understand. I'm an active advocate for the Volt but I have also spoken to plenty of people where I eventually said "you know, it's a great car...but it doesn't sound like the right one for you".

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very sorry to see you go too, MinnesotaWT.

Since the Audi Q3 is an SUV, you might be interested in the 100% electric Tesla Model X which has AWD standard and all of the other options you listed. Also it's rumored the upcoming 100% electric Tesla Model Y will be an SUV too, but with a lower entry price.

·
4,851 Posts
I personally find all wheel drive to be very over-rated. It can help in some scenarios but hurt in others. My Volt with a good set of directional snow tires is like a tank.

I do wish they made a Volt with a sunroof option. I had a friend sold on the idea of a Volt, until he found out the Gen 2 doesn't have one (and can't really have an aftermarket one either due to the roof line). Some people have "must haves" and that's that. Oh well.

For me personally, a 2017 Premier Volt would beat a 2017 Audi Q3 hands down, every day of the week. ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very sorry to see you go too, MinnesotaWT.

Since the Audi Q3 is an SUV, you might be interested in the 100% electric Tesla Model X which has AWD standard and all of the other options you listed. Also it's rumored the upcoming 100% electric Tesla Model Y will be an SUV too, but with a lower entry price.
My neighbor has a fully, fully loaded Model X (since we live in Minnesota he added the "winter" package...don't know what it is but that X has it) and let me take it for a boot a couple of weeks back. He was great about it too, we were stopped at red light first in line and he told me, "now make sure you floor it on green".

That is a very nice vehicle with so many features built into it...power everything and the windshield stops what seems like behind your head so you have this amazing 360 degree view feeling...almost like you are not driving a car!

There are plenty of new entries into the market coming up, and I'll always advocate for EV's because they are a big part of our future, so I suspect this gasser is a simple pause in my EV driving.

Oh and ClarksonCote, try driving in a blizzard here in Minnesota with ice ruts in the freeway...all wheel drive will save your arse. Being in Central NY I'd suspect you know what I am talking about ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I get it, I wish that when it's time for me to trade in my Volt, I can find a car similar to the Genesis G90 AWD but electric. Something that is a good value for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts