Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photo.jpg

This is my best charge so far. I hope to reach 50... :cool:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This is a losers bet for us pre-2013's with smaller batteries. But what the heck, I'll play: 45.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fotomoto... good point. We should have a two dimension poll; charge VS Year.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Guys I am here in Southern California. With the approaching spring weather my range is getting better. My daily commute using the 210 freeway from Fontana to South Pasadena 86 miles round trip. I own the volt now for 10 months. I study my route on how to maximize my range when to coast/glide and regen. I only charge 1 time when I leave from home. I am not allowed to charge at work. My point is for myself on how to maximize my battery energy and used the least amount of gasoline daily. Looks like I have accomplish that I am now hitting over 60 miles on a single charge. I am sure anybody can do this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348777058572793/

·
Registered
86 Posts
By CHARGE, do you mean the distance that the Volt shows when you unplug from full charge, or, RANGE to empty. From the
photo, I would think that you mean the former. If THAT is the case, I have been wondering if 50 is the highest that it shows.
I routinely get mid 50s on a charge for range, but, have never had the dash show greater than 50 miles projected. When I leave
for work, after unplugging the charger, it says 50 miles. It is 7 miles from my house to the freeway. When I arrive at the freeway,
it still says 50, and, only starts dropping after that point, whether I take the freeway, or, continue on surface streets.
Coincidentally, I did match my best use today. It is 19 miles from my house to work. I arrived at work showing 3.0KW used.
RemoteLink showed 69% battery left with 39 miles projected range left. When I got into the Volt to leave work, dash showed
36 miles left, and, RemoteLink showed 64% battery left. I arrived home showing 6.0KW used. This is on a 2012 Volt with
18K miles.

·
Registered
266 Posts
mine is 40

my co worker is now charging on 8 amp 110 and getting 48 miles after a re charge

he lives in burbank on a hill....after driving down the hill and getting on the freeway the reading is 68

after his commute to west hills he still has 32 on the dial...after going 26 miles....

going home its just switching over to gas.....today he made it though....with 62 miles total on a charge....

my best is 43......

we both bought the cars the same day....but driving conditions allow him to charge higher and go farther then me....

go figure

·
Registered
61 Posts
42.3 miles for me. This was a rare day where I did alot of city driving. Normally an between 33-36 miles range, with that being 90% highway driving.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
By CHARGE, do you mean the distance that the Volt shows when you unplug from full charge, or, RANGE to empty. From the
photo, I would think that you mean the former. If THAT is the case, I have been wondering if 50 is the highest that it shows.
I routinely get mid 50s on a charge for range, but, have never had the dash show greater than 50 miles projected.
Our 2013 has shown 53 miles of estimated range after a charge for the last 2 days now. The previous 2 days were at 52 and before that, 50. I'm thinking the last mile is a rounding factor though. We usually get only .3 -.5 miles driven before it drops by one.

We've been staying off the freeways lately.

·
Registered
174 Posts
my best was 57.1; however, I was doing every thing that I could to squeeze out all of the electrons that I could. this week, I have been averaging about 43 each day with my 2011 Volt.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a 2011 Volt and the most my charge indicator has displayed is 50 miles, I have driven as much as 56 miles on a charge with it displaying 50 miles before and after the next charge.

May be the 2013 Volts have that limit increased.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I believed since I have done 62 miles on a single charge that the volt battery is capable of going up to 75 miles! Now providing that the road is flat and at the speed of 45 to 55 mph.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
This week we had a 50 degree day and I hit my best ever, 32! I can't wait to see what I can do in warm weather!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Mine was about 52 miles on a single charge, just a few weeks ago (mid-February). I've been getting 49-50 per charge, per day for the past couple of months.

I am in the middle of gas-anxiety...meaning I don't want to see how many miles I can squeeze out before the gas generator kicks-in because, it uses gas. So, I'm usually home with a few miles left on the battery. I'm lucky that I don't have to use all my battery as of late in my daily commute. In doing this, my ICE has not turned on since mid-January and I drive about 250 miles per week.

Before this, I would be approaching home with more than enough miles and I would just drive past my home until the gas turned on, just to see how many EV miles I drove for that charge. So, it's a game to me--to see how how many months I can go without the ICE turning on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got 51 miles one day. Perfect weather climate system off. city driving with an average of probably 45 mph. I was working hard at it !

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I believed since I have done 62 miles on a single charge that the volt battery is capable of going up to 75 miles! Now providing that the road is flat and at the speed of 45 to 55 mph.
Flat road not necessary . It was fairly easy to hit 45-50 in Colorado last summer. The Volt seems to regenerate quite a bit of energy going down hills .
On the return back up the hills , the torque seemed to push the car up with much less sacrifice than expected.

Today in Texas it hit 85 degrees and the battery delivered 46.5 miles on a 9.9 Kwh reading on the display .

·
Registered
219 Posts
Our 2013 has shown 53 miles of estimated range after a charge for the last 2 days now. The previous 2 days were at 52 and before that, 50. I'm thinking the last mile is a rounding factor though. We usually get only .3 -.5 miles driven before it drops by one.

We've been staying off the freeways lately.
Interesting mine is 2012 model and I have never had an estimated range of 53!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts