GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Got a call from my dealer this morning that my 2019 Volt Premier was delivered to the dealership. I haven't taken the car home yet as they have to prepare it but I managed to pass by and snap a few pictures. The redesigned driver information display and Infotainment 3 system look awesome. This is a fully loaded model with ACC.

Can't wait to take it home next week!

IMG_3266.jpg IMG_3279.jpg IMG_3268.jpg IMG_3273.jpg IMG_3274.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing! Like the white(same as mine).

Does the battery gauge go down by increments of less than 10% chunks as with the earlier 2g Volt (2.1g I guess?)? It looks like the fuel gauge does, so hopefully the battery gauge does too. That's a minor criticism I have of the 2g Volt is you get very little feedback on the SoC as you're driving with updates of only ~10% chunks of energy used.

BTW - what's with the $100 excise tax air conditioning line? I think that's what it says.... Trump tariff?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I was surprised at the sticker price until I realized it must be in $CDN.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, the first 2019 I’ve seen as being delivered (or close to it). Enjoy. Very curious as to your impression of the updated infotainment and the pedestrian noise once you get it. My build date is in the next couple weeks so I’m just impatiently waiting. I’m bracing myself for a month wait for delivery after it gets built.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Did you try out the power seat and lumbar support while in there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing! Like the white(same as mine).

Does the battery gauge go down by increments of less than 10% chunks as with the earlier 2g Volt (2.1g I guess?)? It looks like the fuel gauge does, so hopefully the battery gauge does too. That's a minor criticism I have of the 2g Volt is you get very little feedback on the SoC as you're driving with updates of only ~10% chunks of energy used.

BTW - what's with the $100 excise tax air conditioning line? I think that's what it says.... Trump tariff?
I (unfortunately) haven't had the chance to drive the car yet, so I can't comment on the increments of the battery gauge... But from what I see I don't think it does; my guess is that it follows the 10 increment chunks that are visible on the display.

And yes you've read that right, it's a federal air conditioning excise tax payable for vehicles with air conditioning that are purchased in Canada or imported from the United States. Not Trump's fault, it seems the canadian government collects that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you try out the power seat and lumbar support while in there?
I did! It's a fairly simple 6-way power seat (driver side only!) with adjustable lumbar support. I'm guessing the lumbar support will be beneficial for comfort on long drives, I have yet to try it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, the first 2019 I’ve seen as being delivered (or close to it). Enjoy. Very curious as to your impression of the updated infotainment and the pedestrian noise once you get it. My build date is in the next couple weeks so I’m just impatiently waiting. I’m bracing myself for a month wait for delivery after it gets built.
The updated infotainment and driver information screen is one of the only cosmetic upgrade and very cool feature of the 2019 imo. It gives the car a more modern and refined look (makes me think of the Bolt's screen).

I hope it won't take too long for you to get yours. Mine was built at the end of August, shipped out on 09/09 and dealership received it 09/27.

I'll post an update on that new pedestrian alert sound once I get the car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Very cool! My 2019 has been "produced" but is still awaiting transport to my local dealer. It's similarly equipped to your's but in Satin Gray with the Blue/Black leather interior.

BTW, in looking at the updated main DIC screenshot; I like it better than my current 2017, but they still haven't fixed my one main complaint that it's not obvious how much TOTAL range you have in the car; combined EV and Gas. You can find it, but you have to dig for it. I would love to see a breakdown of X miles EV range, Y miles Gas range= X+Y total range.

Anyway, best of luck and can't wait to join the '19 owners club soon as well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do we know if the screens are a different part number. If not, is there a possibility GM might update older Gen2 cars with this new layout...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is exciting. The new DIC looks quite close to the Bolt one. Looking great though! Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Do we know if the screens are a different part number. If not, is there a possibility GM might update older Gen2 cars with this new layout...

I don't think there is any chance of that happening. Outside of Tesla, car makers do not upgrade older model years unless there is a defect or safety issue like a recall.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Be sure to let us know how the new 'L' or low mode works and if the regen paddle feels different. So far no reviews have really said much about that.

·
Registered
194 Posts

We may have a chance doing it by ourselves through ACDelco TIS. Right now they don't have the software loaded for 2019. Let's see if it will be available to older years once in there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The new screens look great! I really wish those updates could be applied to my 2016, but I'm not hopeful. The infotainment system seems to have received a hardware upgrade for 2019.

·
Registered
605 Posts
After you look at one display long enough, anything different tends to look "better". It's pretty subjective. If they wanted earlier gen2 owners to upgrade, what they should have done is increased the max power level from 120 kW to maybe 150 kW, boosing acceleration a little. Given the components, they could have done that with a software change and a fuse swap and gotten more sales. ;)

Mike

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was surprised at the sticker price until I realized it must be in $CDN.
I did the same, looked at the sticker, saw the price and thought that this guy must be from Canada. Price will get a lot better here if the federal government here gets their heads out of their ass and offers rebates or tax credits nation wide like the 'mericans do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts