GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was rear-ended a few weeks ago while stopped waiting to make a left turn. The other driver said he was distracted by his GPS, and I'm pretty sure he was going pretty fast when he hit me as I was pushed about 200 ft. down the road before I was able to get to the shoulder of the road. Thankfully there was no car in front of me, which helped dissipate some of the force of the impact. I'm OK, just had a few visits to a chiropractor to get back to normal.

Unfortunately, my 2018 Volt Premier w/ACC was totaled. Actually I'm glad because if they would have repaired it, it would never have been the same. But I wish it hadn't happened in the first place

I had been planning to replace one of our cars with an BEV or Voltec-like SUV, and I had been patiently waiting for years for GM to introduce a small SUV with the Voltec drive train (which I believe is a fantastic solution or I wouldn't have owned 3 of them since 2011) or a BEV other than the Bolt, but so far nothing. As many are, I'm currently working from home, so I could wait for a month or so, but not until next year. The Toyota Rav4 Prime looks really good to me, but there's not likely to be one to buy in Texas for a long time. Same is true for most of the new model announcements.

I considered buying another Volt but I could not find a comparable used VOLT with ACC within the state of Texas. I did find some low mileage Volts and a certified Volts, but since GM has discontinued the model, I decided it was time to move on. I've ordered a Tesla Model Y.

I have a spare tire, a VoltShelf (wasn't in the car at the time of the accident), and a GM rearview mirror with garage door opener (removed it as part of the settlement) that I'm considering selling for local pickup only, if there is interest.

Thanks to everyone here for the candid discussions and good information. I hope you all stay safe.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What's important is that you are okay, a car can be replaced. I feel the same way, I wish the heck GM had done more with the platform. I've considered a Tesla, maybe one day if they ever get a handle on the quality problems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts