GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered through Arnold Chevrolet, Bay Shore, NY on August 27, 2015 (day before official order placement date for NY). Order was accepted. Today I received email confirmation that my build date will be Monday, September 28, 2015. Based on some web research delivery is usually 2 weeks after that. We'll see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS my current ride is a 1984 Camaro Berlinetta in near mint condition. I'm the original owner. 240,000 miles original engine, original paint... Hope to keep my 2016 Volt running as long and as well. Oh, and I'm keeping the Camaro as my Sunday car. ;-)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congratulations on the car. A week or two seems optimistic. Though I'm in California, my delivery week was 6-7 weeks after the TPW. There are after production checks and then the wait for the train. Plus trains are quick but they don't go from point A to point B. Timing can be highly variable.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
People are seeing more like 6-8 weeks as there is extra quality control being done on the cars being a new model

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
People are seeing more like 6-8 weeks as there is extra quality control being done on the cars being a new model
6-8 weeks is normal for California. New York should be somewhat less. But as this is a new model it may be held up do to additional quality holds.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Looks like you've been following the Volt and on here since 2008. Congratulations on getting your Volt at last. Very cool.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey. Congrats! How was Arnold? Looking to start my shopping on LI also. Were you able to negotiate with them or did they go by MSRP?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on my timeline. The dealer emailed me a few days ago to tell me it "might be in by the end of the month." He just didn't say the end of which month. Thanks for the 6-8 weeks comments. They've brought be back to reality. Also the point about extra QC since this is a new model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Rayr3004,
Arnold was great. I dealt with Lew Mittelman who is their internet sales guy. We corresponded several years ago about the Volt and I liked his openness. I had been planning to buy at Huntington Chevy which has been our long term dealer, but they're under new management and I was disappointed with how they blew me off when I said Volt. By contract Lew emailed me a ton of specs before the NY state on sale date and got my order in the day before, with a confirmation the next day. Since then he asked for some additional info to help me get max discount. I'm a terrible negotiator but he gave me a price that was about $800 less that MSRP. It's still hefty because I packed in everything that was available. So far I've been very pleased with them. I took my Camaro to them for some service a while ago and they did a nice job, so I had a chance to see that side of their operation too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Rayr3004,
Arnold was great. I dealt with Lew Mittelman who is their internet sales guy. We corresponded several years ago about the Volt and I liked his openness. I had been planning to buy at Huntington Chevy which has been our long term dealer, but they're under new management and I was disappointed with how they blew me off when I said Volt. By contract Lew emailed me a ton of specs before the NY state on sale date and got my order in the day before, with a confirmation the next day. Since then he asked for some additional info to help me get max discount. I'm a terrible negotiator but he gave me a price that was about $800 less that MSRP. It's still hefty because I packed in everything that was available. So far I've been very pleased with them. I took my Camaro to them for some service a while ago and they did a nice job, so I had a chance to see that side of their operation too.
Now I know why dealers are incentivized to be sleezy- taking advantage of people who simply don't Google "2016 Volt Discounts" before heading to dealership to finalize paperwork. Have you not read other threads on all of the discounts below invoice? Did he even give you the $1000 incentive shown on the chevy.com website??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
LGCHEM_FTW,
Thanks for the comments. I got the $1,000 off. My dealer did it automatically though I had seen it on the site and was fixing to ask about it. Sorry for the delay in reply. I haven't been on the board in a while and just saw your post.
Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timeline update: Volt Received

I'm sitting about five feet above my Volt right now. Yes, it's in my garage downstairs. Arrived on Friday, November 13 but I didn't pick it up until yesterday afternoon. No, not because I'm superstitious, I had to wait at the house for some work to be done. My 1984 Camaro Berlinetta is still my baby, but I'll only be driving it on Sundays a bit to keep it going, and then getting work done to get it to mint so I can show it. The Volt, Kinetic blue, Premier, is awesome. Cars have improved a bit since 1984 :rolleyes: I won't be doing my own repairs on this computer disguised as a car.

The guys at Arnold were awesome. Had the car out front for me yesterday afternoon.

I'm beginning to learn about it. Got just about every option available. The ambient lighting is beautiful. The blue lighted accents in the door are a nice touch. One thing I'm trying to figure out is I read somewhere that it knows where home is and adjusts for that in its electric usage mix. Anybody know how? Do we have to tell it "we're home" somehow?

Anyway, August 27 ordered, Sept 28 built, Oct 15 or so began transport, November 13 arrived at Long Island dealership. That's the final on the timeline. My understanding is that it was in the first batch of 2016 Volt deliveries on Long Island. So perhaps there are some other 2016 Volt owners out there? Would love to get together and compare notes.

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
During your TPW when your car is being built, can Chevy chat tell you if your car is in production or produced. If it was built the same day you ask for a status update? Or do you have to wait a day for their computers to update?

Also, how long does it take to assemble a volt?

My TPW is 11/30 - Event Code 3400

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just got confirmed that my car just caught its train to montreal. they say it left nov. 24 and will take 12 business days to arrive.
so order date was accepted oct 16, tpw nov 23, but got built nov 15 and put on a train nov. 24.

so it looks like mine will turn around in 8 weeks and i might see it dec 4.

red ltz con 1+2.. and hope to see android auto by may!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts