GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started a thread earlier about differences between my 2013 Volt and the 2015 I bought on 7/24. Many commenters were interested in the details of my deal, so here they are:

2015 Volt Premium, Crystal Red Tintcoat (pebble beige interior), Safety Packages 1 & 2, polished wheels, Bose/nav.

MSRP: $39,645
Negotiated price: $34,602
Lease loyalty rebate: ($500)
Dealer processing $300 (standard in MD)
Title/Reg fee $165 (reduced feue for "high-mileage hybrid" cars titled in DC)
Total OTD price: $34,567
Less tax rebate: ($7,500)
Net Total: $27,067

Plus Washington, DC waives the excise tax on "high-milage hybrids," so that saved me another $2,100 compared to an ICE car.

Salesman for this and my leased 2013 was Dan Drayton, Criswell Chevrolet, Germantown, MD.

In case anyone's interested, here was my 2013 deal:

2013 Premium, polished wheels, Bose, Nav, Safety 1 & 2.
2 year, 10,000 mi/year
MSRP: $44,545
OTD cap cost: $37,380
Residual: $33,408
First month at signing plus security deposit and tags
Payment (before 10% DC tax) $270 (after DC tax $302).

Good luck and happy hunting to everyone looking for a Volt!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks! Great info, and that's essentially the vehicle I've been contemplating. Looks like you purchased this time instead of leasing.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Wow, that's pretty crazy you got 5K off MSRP on a '15 Volt. Did that include any rebates/GM card earnings/etc?

·
Registered
424 Posts
So if you wanted to purchase your 13 would you have to pay 33,408 or 33,408-7,500? Even at a buyout of the second scenario I don't know how this leasing companies are making any money. There is no way a 2013 is worth 26K.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Great info, and that's essentially the vehicle I've been contemplating. Looks like you purchased this time instead of leasing.
I did. Got a good lease deal on my 2013, but my only regret was that I didn't purchase. However, when I compared the buyout to the net purchase price of a '15, it was a no-brainer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that's pretty crazy you got 5K off MSRP on a '15 Volt. Did that include any rebates/GM card earnings/etc?
Nothing except the $500 lease loyalty rebate I noted above.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if you wanted to purchase your 13 would you have to pay 33,408 or 33,408-7,500? Even at a buyout of the second scenario I don't know how this leasing companies are making any money. There is no way a 2013 is worth 26K.
$33,408. The lease company gets the benefit of the $7,500, but it lowered my payments. For a net of taxes of $27,067 after my $7,500 rebate on the new one, a new 2015 seemed like a better deal than buying out my 2013 from Ally at $33,408.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I started a thread earlier about differences between my 2013 Volt and the 2015 I bought on 7/24. Many commenters were interested in the details of my deal, so here they are:

2015 Volt Premium, Crystal Red Tintcoat (pebble beige interior), Safety Packages 1 & 2, polished wheels, Bose/nav.

MSRP: $39,645
Negotiated price: $34,602
Lease loyalty rebate: ($500)
Dealer processing $300 (standard in MD)
Title/Reg fee $165 (reduced fee for "high-mileage hybrid" cars titled in DC)
Total OTD price: $34,567
OTD was $34,567. Out-the-door? Didn't you have over 2 grand in sales tax on top of that?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OTD was $34,567. Out-the-door? Didn't you have over 2 grand in sales tax on top of that?
Nope - DC waives excise tax (our version of vehicle sales tax) for "high-mileage hybrids." Saved me another $2,100.

I did have to send the dealer the links from DC's website about the excise tax waiver and reduced registration fee, but they re-did the paperwork immediately to reflect those changes.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nope - DC waives excise tax (our version of vehicle sales tax) for "high-mileage hybrids." Saved me another $2,100.

I did have to send the dealer the links from DC's website about the excise tax waiver and reduced registration fee, but they re-did the paperwork immediately to reflect those changes.
Glad you are enjoying the volt. My OTD price is going to be a little higher. LOL. I'm eagerly anticipating the 2nd gen but, the funny thing is that it is going to make me upgrade my house in Baltmore. Upgraded electrical service, charging station, parking pad and rooftop deck and carport deck. My OTD price is going to be a little higher. LOL.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you are enjoying the volt. My OTD price is going to be a little higher. LOL. I'm eagerly anticipating the 2nd gen but, the funny thing is that it is going to make me upgrade my house in Baltmore. Upgraded electrical service, charging station, parking pad and rooftop deck and carport deck. My OTD price is going to be a little higher. LOL.
Sounds like you'll have quite a setup, though, Taser. I had to settle for 120V charging by mounting an outlet on the fence of my condo parking lot.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sounds like you'll have quite a setup, though, Taser. I had to settle for 120V charging by mounting an outlet on the fence of my condo parking lot.
It's all synergistic. The Rooftop deck and carport deck are needed to move the garden which is moved for the parking pad. Updated electrical service will provide power for the charging station and the rooftop deck for entertaining. Only thing else I need to consider is future expansion possibilty for solar panels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi DCFlyer, I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking at buying Volt and I'm also DC resident. DC's DMV site says the excise tax waiver applies to cars with 40+ MPG city. I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row so I called and spoke with a couple different DMV people including the supervisor. She told me that they can only look at the MPG and not the MPGe so the Volt does not qualify. It's obviously ridiculous. Did they, in fact, not charge you the tax? I wonder if they've changed their rules since. Do you know any other Volt owners in DC that had trouble getting the excise tax waived?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi DCFlyer, I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking at buying Volt and I'm also DC resident. DC's DMV site says the excise tax waiver applies to cars with 40+ MPG city. I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row so I called and spoke with a couple different DMV people including the supervisor. She told me that they can only look at the MPG and not the MPGe so the Volt does not qualify. It's obviously ridiculous. Did they, in fact, not charge you the tax? I wonder if they've changed their rules since. Do you know any other Volt owners in DC that had trouble getting the excise tax waived?
Sorry, Mike, just seeing this. Hope it worked out for you. Sounds like they changed the rule. In fact, they did not charge me the excise tax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts