·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree 100%, but I could not have two red ones now could I?!?

No actually I wanted a lighter colored car here in the desert hoping it would stay cooler. My 2000 GMC Sierra is Fire Red as well, so we certainly agree!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Nice!

One question: what tires did your 2014 come with? Are they stil the Goodyear Assurrance Fuelmax, or something else?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I see ya'll still use the old school coffee mug reservation system.

:)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!

One question: what tires did your 2014 come with? Are they stil the Goodyear Assurrance Fuelmax, or something else?
Hmmm, I did not look that close, but they are Goodyear. I will check in a few minutes when I go out to unplug.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see ya'll still use the old school coffee mug reservation system.

:)
Oh my cup there on the ground, LOL. Yeah I was late getting back from lunch (her first car wash) and was in a hurry. I got and sick of moving it out of frame so it got its day in the limelight.

Actually we have 3 Volt owners here and one Leaf owner; all others refuse to use the Blink's until my company gets billing control in January (they promised us much lower rates). They can all make it round trip on the home charge, I cannot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like RED - obviously - that's what I got - the RED volt with Shinny wheels! Congrats and nice looking ride you both have!!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yep they are the Goodyear Assurrance Fuelmax...again.
So, the Volts "down under" get a different tire? I think that's what I remember from a previous post?

BTW, congrats of the two Volts, very impressive!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I thought I heard the Goodyears were being discontinued. The Discount Tire guy told me the same thing last week. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I heard the Goodyears were being discontinued. The Discount Tire guy told me the same thing last week. Hmmmm.
Well my friend it just so happens that my wife got a flat in our 2012 last night (our first).

I called OnStar and had the car flat-bedded to discount tire. I called first to see if they had the tire, they did not. However they had 7 in the wharehouse, so it was ordered and is scheduled for delivery today at 11 AM.

You may be right though, to only have 7 tires in stock at the wharehouse for such a HIGH volume seller seems really low. Heck that does not even cover two cars! So maybe they are on the way out and I say goodbye and good riddence!

The ones ones on my the 2012 leak several PSI EVERY week! - Polished Rims
On the 2014, I filled them to 40 PSI on Monday and they have not dropped a single PSI yet; fingers crosssed - Painted Rims

·
Registered
371 Posts
The ones on my the 2012 leak several PSI EVERY week! - Polished Rims
On the 2014, I filled them to 40 PSI on Monday and they have not dropped a single PSI yet; fingers crosssed - Painted Rims
I think you are the first to point this out. I always thought the 'losing air' issue was the tire, but perhaps it is the wheel?

Very nice looking set of 'book-end' Volts, BTW!!!

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
I think you are the first to point this out. I always thought the 'losing air' issue was the tire, but perhaps it is the wheel?

Very nice looking set of 'book-end' Volts, BTW!!!
Nah, my painted rims lose a little bit too. But keeping them at 40psi seems to be the solution, at least for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts