GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to say good bye to my 2013 Volt in few months so I called the good folks at US bank to see if they can provide me a buyout offer that I can't refuse.

The residual value on my contract is $237xx + tax and purchase fees.

The US bank rep gave me an offer of $14642 + tax and purchase fees which works out to be $16,191 all inclusive.

I asked if they could go any lower and they asked me to counter. I haven't given a counter yet.

I wanted to get the opinion of experts here as to what would be a good price to buyout the lease? What are the prices that people have been paying recently to US bank for lease buyout?

My commute has significantly reduced so I was not interested in buying out the lease but if the price is too good then I might buy it.

Thanks,
VoltasticCA

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well I paid $19k for my loaded 2013 off-lease with 21k miles on it. It had been a 24mo lease. So the offer sounds reasonable to me. One needs to consider how much the car would fetch at auction to know what a fair counter-offer would be, but all they can do is say no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, missed providing key info. It is a base 2013 with 27K miles on it. The lease is for 36 months, 12K miles per year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My lease is done in June. Last month they offered a deal around $12k +taxes, to be $13.5k, at which point my wife and I were too slow to call back and confirm our decision (for some reason thought used car prices were stable, biased towards declining, and didn't realize end date to the offer). This month it's nearly 2k higher, to which point we will let it go. It's all dependent on auction values and apparently nobody would bid in march/april, now in april/may there was some demand. With the G2's out and the changing tech, its not a $15k car to me. Warranty is gone, onstar is gone, and tires will be needed in another 10-20k. After adjusting for all, its only a small premium for the G2, after credits. I have will have 36k miles on MY13. I put in a bid, they countered around the same higher level. Had to wait a week to hear back. There is an influx of these coming off lease and the market will be flooded. I just don't see many that many natural buyers of these at the higher levels. Just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 Premium lease is up next month , I took over a 36 month, 30,000 mile two years ago on swapalease , so I inherited a buyout price of $22,000, that I wont pay,way too high, and I have read that ALLY doesn't dicker, so back it goes , darn , it has been a BLAST to drive , I averaged 140mpg for the 20,000 miles I put on it. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. Particularly interested in this thread as my LT lease is up in early Sept. 23k miles, options: leather, bose, safety package 1. Called a couple of weeks ago and they offered $15468. W/ taxes and fees it would be $17241. Just curious what others use for research. Looked at Cars.com and see one that is a couple thousand higher in mileage but has more options for $15200. What do you think a good counter would be? Do I need to send them more that one car? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to be prepared when I call them back. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any updates on this? I am particularly interested in this since my base lease is up in early Sept. (23 k miles, options: leather, bose, safety 1 pkg) I called a couple of weeks ago and they offered me $15468. W/ taxes and fees it would be $17241. On cars.com I see one asking from a dealer for $15200. About 2k miles more but it is a prem model. Any thoughts on what I might counter back with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My US Bank 3 year lease on my Volt (Base) ends in mid August. I currently have 27,500 miles on it. US Bank called me in March and gave me an all-in offer of $14,452 (including waiving the remaining 4 payments and 6% tax here in Michigan). I called them on June 2nd to ask them a question about acceptable replacement tires, and I asked them for a new buyout offer. They stated that the residue had gone up, and it was now $16,624 (waving 2 payments and including tax).

With August 2013 being the best Volt sales month ever, I got to believe the market will soon be saturated with used Volts, which should help me to find a better deals then my current buyout offer, and get a certified one with an extended warranty and OnStar included for similar money.

I wondering if GM not giving good lease deals on the Gen IIs (at least here in Michigan), is also driving up the residuals.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It's time to say good bye to my 2013 Volt in few months so I called the good folks at US bank to see if they can provide me a buyout offer that I can't refuse.

The residual value on my contract is $237xx + tax and purchase fees.

The US bank rep gave me an offer of $14642 + tax and purchase fees which works out to be $16,191 all inclusive.

I asked if they could go any lower and they asked me to counter. I haven't given a counter yet.

I wanted to get the opinion of experts here as to what would be a good price to buyout the lease? What are the prices that people have been paying recently to US bank for lease buyout?

My commute has significantly reduced so I was not interested in buying out the lease but if the price is too good then I might buy it.

Thanks,
VoltasticCA
Look up your car (year,options, miles, etc) on KBB.com and see how it compares. Also, check local ads for similar vehicles and seed what sellers are asking.

Sounds like a decent starting point for sure, an offer would be warranted if you want to buy the vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts