GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just received our car this week - simply love it so far - has met and exceeded all expectations. We were looking for a 2nd car and had been leaning towards a minivan or mid-size SUV...but we stumbled onto this particular Volt (low mileage / dealer demo) and fell in love with it - really think it looks sharp in black and the interior felt very upscale compared to some of the lower budget models we were looking at. Couldn't get any good lease options, so bought instead - glad we did - think we will be keeping this car for a long time!

Wasn't comfortable with the price at first but felt this would be a great family car, commuter car and even a nice toy for me. Throw in the fuel savings and I was sold. Our other car is a VW Golf TDI, so I was a bit skeptical at first that this would save me fuel (as I average 5L/100km) but I did the math and figured I would get 3L/100km or less based on my driving habits and charging options - that's a fantastic savings over my already great fuel economy.

I used to always laugh at Prius drivers because I knew my TDI got better real world fuel economy than them...well this car just blows them away. This is also my first Chevrolet / GM / Domestic vehicle - so proud to be driving it and really looking forward to future vehicles (like the ELR).

I've already ordered some custom wheels (MODA MD9 from Tire Rack) and will be getting a 240V home charger soon. Thanks for all the info and tips on the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice ride! You will absolutely love it.
Heres my black/black leather 2011 atop Mount Washington this past summer. It was a cloudy drizzly day at the base, sunny andclear at the summit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to The Most Esteemed Black Volt Society. Owners of red Volts claim that theirs are faster. However none approach the poise and sophistication of pure black velvet gliding silently down the blacktop.

Cheers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Your story is great. My guess is that if 10 people who knew very little about the Volt took test drives, 9 would end up wanting to own it. Word of mouth and test drives are what's selling this car. I haven't seen a Volt ad on TV in months amid massive amounts of GM ads for the rest of their lineup. I think GM realizes the car is pretty much going to sell itself so why bother to fight all the misinformation that has surrounded the Volt from the very beginning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was sold on the car when I went to look at it. I did a ton of research. Then I drove it and was blown away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts