GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2 weeks I drove 800 miles using exactly 1 gallon. Most everything I said in this video was from memory from what I learned from this forum. Let me know what you think and please share with others if worthy enough.

http://youtu.be/jbjtKbWZ67w

Thanks,

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
970 Posts
Nice work, I like that you promote the realistic advantages of the Volt to the average consumer while still being honest about some of its drawbacks (i.e. limited back seat space for taller folks). I started watching some of your other vids too, good stuff. Hopefully I'll get my Volt next week and start on my own story to share :)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Me likes! We just crossed 2997 miles on our 2011, and have only used 0.6 gallons on the last 2850 miles.

From voltstats.net
9 2011-02140 ecosister AZ 2928.61 2997.22 97.7% 766.09 84.67 17.54
Yeah that is right 766.09 miles to the gallon.
Vanity Plate read SLRRYDER! :D Wife's choice since it is really her car. Wait till you see mine! :D:D

All the electric power has come from our solar setup, the only way to drive!
Second Volt on the way for me, 400+ hp CTS-V is a thing of the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Great video review! That's better than most of the "professional" ones I've seen. I really like the black/white seats! They look really sharp. A nice primer for a Volt novice! I look forward to see some more advanced Volt info vids in the future building on your great base here! Cheers!:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hate this video......... because it makes me want mine to hurry up and get here!!! LoL. No, honestly, that was a great video. My favorite part was when you were showcasing your solar capability. Additionally, I really liked how you captured just how high tech the interior is setup. All in all, the way you captured the interior functions and layout was really top notch! (and to think, thats just scratching the surface too)

I remember you mention, in the video, that you are from CT. I think, if you were to do a video 2, a video showing the Volts capability in the snow would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate this video......... because it makes me want mine to hurry up and get here!!! LoL. No, honestly, that was a great video. My favorite part was when you were showcasing your solar capability. Additionally, I really liked how you captured just how high tech the interior is setup. All in all, the way you captured the interior functions and layout was really top notch! (and to think, thats just scratching the surface too)

I remember you mention, in the video, that you are from CT. I think, if you were to do a video 2, a video showing the Volts capability in the snow would be extremely helpful.
Yes, in the snow isn't a bad idea. There will be plenty of snow I'm sure....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, in the snow isn't a bad idea. There will be plenty of snow I'm sure....
Thats the one area of the Volt in which I am not 100% confident. But, nothing ventured nothing gained... :). Besides, the way I figure it, there are people that drive late 90s civics year around here (meaning they are in the snow) and they get around just fine. But again, if YOU can get around well in the snow in CT, then I know I wont have a problem at all as our snowfall is peanuts compared to what you guys get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts