GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

So I didn't realize this happened, until yesterday, when I happened to go to the passenger side of the car.

The plastic molding, that is under the passenger side doors, is scratched pretty deeply. I must have hit a curve or something. :[

So is there a site that you can purchase this from? Even if I get the part number, that would be great (GM dealer isn't open yet)! I would imagine it is not that hard to replace, unless you tell me differently.

Thanks everyone!

And if you need more information, please ask!

Zil

Edit

So I called my GM dealer and they said it is the Rocker Panel Molding. Part #: 22810846. Said $180. Will look online for better price. :]

·
Registered
238 Posts
That sounds like a fairly reasonable price. If you are handy and can replace it yourself, you could save some $$. I would want to ensure that I got an OEM part in this case. (That's just me).

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. I've used gmwholesaledirect and have been satisfied (for accessories but they also sell parts). They usually discount 30% or so. There are probably some other options as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My wife partially ripped ours off in a dark parking lot on a hard to see curb. The part was salvageable with minimal scratching but the clips that broke and left it hanging were over $100!!!!

I couldn't figure it out and was worried I'd break it trying to fix it so I had my mechanic do it. $25.

So beware you may not have to only replace the part but also need the clips to remount the new part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts