GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Leather Hand Material property Textile Car seat

My Bolt went straight from the dealer (after installation of some Nokian Hakkapeliita R2s on the stock wheels) to the mod shop.

The overly large stick on gold branding on the back window was the first to go. The front one's getting blackened at least. (I don't wear shirts with big logos on them either).

The stock stereo is even more laughable than expected, but planned to rip that out anyway. New speakers are in and connected via the stock system, sub box for the rear non-spare tire well / wasted cargo space area. Have no idea why the cargo space isn't maximized better without a spare. There is also extensive wasted space around the non-tire well, the cargo space in this thing could be yuuuge. Plenty of space for an AWD controller module for V.2!

The front seats have definite issues for many, including my wife and other passengers, and are currently getting modified with some extra high density foam in the lower lateral bolsters, lumbar, and upper lateral bolsters. If you are small or medium frame, this may not be as necessary for your spousal satisfaction, but your rib cage and cheeks are essentially touching the hard plastic frames. I'm not overly picky about seat comfort, and even I'm not sure how they got these seats out of committee. Don't sign for a Bolt until you've sat in one. Luckily it's easy enough to modify. The seat mods I'm doing don't impede at all on interior space, or airbags, and add less weight than I removed from the ridiculous foam space waster they fill the non-spare tire well with. You can see in my pic the spot that's most uncomfortable for standard sized Americans, along with the middle of your rib cage. More to follow.

Tinting done.

Wheels for summer tires to follow.

Suspension - planning on a modest 1-1.5" drop, depending on measured clearance once all the snow melts!

Left foot rest plate. Going to rain in SoCal tonight. Light gray carpet, no weathertechs and the floor mats don't cover the left foot rest. Taking matters into my own hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left foot rest plate. Going to rain in SoCal tonight. Light gray carpet, no weathertechs and the floor mats don't cover the left foot rest.
For a very small, very rectangular foot. (That's mostly help limit scuffing/wear. It won't prevent the need to shampoo later.)

For a very small, very rectangular foot. (That's mostly help limit scuffing/wear. It won't prevent the need to shampoo later.)
I've had these in my previous cars. The key is to center it to keep as much of the left foot off the carpet as possible. The added height of these keeps my foot off the carpet. It's fine with rain. Mud and snow still makes a mess.

Nevertheless, I'll be scrubbing down the carpet when I remove it and install weathertech liners (whenever they're available).

Here's another mod, a much needed sunglasses holder;

Bolts all come with a fabric cargo cover standard. Similar in nature to the one that comes with the Volt, but this one does raise and lower with the hatch. The BoltShelf will be a more substantial solution for folks like me that just can't take what comes with the car. The stock one will be fine for some, but a number of folks have already been asking me for an upgrade. I just did the final fitting today and the BoltShelf will give more coverage, better appearance, better functionality, custom choices, and more durability. Like the VoltShelf, I think it will be an important accessory for many BoltOwners.

In the category of "must-have," the footrest/deadpedal/carpet protector:
That looks way more practical than the plastic decals they call sill protectors.

Here's a very simply addition I made for Homelink garage opener. Hard to call it a mod, but it's working great and only took 2 seconds. Two of these min-remotes came with my opener. They have a steel spring clip on the back. I simply slipped it over the plastic housing. Option 2 is to remove the clip and use velcro, but so far this works fine.

Car Vehicle Luxury vehicle Auto part Family car

tk1971, that sunglasses holder looks nice. Mind sharing where you got it? All I'm finding is visor clip ones. I assume you attached it with double-sided tape? Thanks
Earlier in this thread there are pics to remove the metal clip, grind down the nub and use double sided tape to install. I’ve heard grinding down the nub is not necessary.

a hitch receiver.
Don't know if you've got it since you posted tis, but I found & bought a Bolt-specific hitch to be used mainly for a bicycle carrier. Easy to install for most anyone.

Don't know if you've got it since you posted tis, but I found & bought a Bolt-specific hitch to be used mainly for a bicycle carrier. Easy to install for most anyone
haha, any details other than "Bolt-specific"?

haha, any details other than "Bolt-specific"?
Glad you asked. :D

Mfr: Cequent Performance Products www.cequentgroup.com
Draw-Tite (brand) part #: 24956

BTW I think I read in the owner's manual that the Bolt is not supposed to tow - trailers, etc. But it doesn't say anything about carrying, which is what I got it for. Bikes, luggage, dirty cargo, dog, whatever.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.