GM Volt Forum banner

Music stored on hard drive

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TSquare 
#1 ·
This may be a really silly question, but I am asking anyway.

I have more than 2000 songs stored on my Volt hard drive. I have been going through them as I drive and deleting the ones that are poor quality or duplicates. Anyway, how on earth do I locate a song alphabetically without flipping through every song? I was looking for a specific song and I only knew the name, not the artist, etc. It started with an "L".

Is there any trick to jumping to a specific letter of the alphabet? Am I missing the obvious?

#2 ·
Sunnee I can't answer your question because I don't have a hard drive, but my daughter got me a little 16gig mini USB for Christmas. I loaded all of my CD's onto it and plugged it in yesterday to try it out. OMG, it is so dang slick! The music seems clearer, louder and is so easy to navigate through the touch screen! I know my songs by artist, so it was really easy. I haven't tried by song alphabetically, but short of twisting the tuning knob to cycle through them alphabetically, I don't know another way.

#3 · (Edited)
I don't think there is a way to jump to a specific letter. I use the up arrow and down arrow and that seems to be faster than using the turn dial.

While having a hard drive is nice, if you do put a lot of songs (I had almost 4,000) it takes a long time to index and flip through songs.

I think a good selling point for new car designs would be the ability to add/update features that do not require hardware. I wish GM would do an update, but I doubt them will.

#7 ·
I have found when using the usb, if I go to the list of songs alphabetically, then spin the selector knob fast, the list changes from the list of songs to box with a letter in it and I can select the letter of the alphabet that I want to go to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.