GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2016 Volt, when I put it in Park and hit the blue power button, the music cuts out for about 5 seconds and then starts up again. It stops permanently as soon as I open the driver's door.

A few weeks ago I had a 2016 Malibu rental, and it kept the music playing after I shut off the car without any interruption. It was a noticeably better experience, and I thought to myself, why doesn't the Volt do this? So, two questions:

1. Is this brief cut out normal for us Volt drivers?
2. If so, is there a good reason? Something to do with it being an electric vehicle?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The music is temporarily muted because the Volt plays the "Shutdown" sound effect when you hit the off button.
If you have reduced the volume of the "Shutdown " sound effect you will get what you just described.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The music is temporarily muted because the Volt plays the "Shutdown" sound effect when you hit the off button.
If you have reduced the volume of the "Shutdown " sound effect you will get what you just described.
If you turn off the shutdown sound entirely, the music won't pause.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that did it, and OH MY GOSH it's such a better experience! How in the world anybody thought that interrupting the music with a stupid sound effect would be a good idea is beyond me. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did you have to go into settings to change it? I looked briefly and wasn't able to find anything in settings.
I also tried turning the volume knob while it was making the noise, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
worked for me w 2017 volt- thanks- (BUT still get Pandora starting up auto...dont want it too, and still sometimes Pandora starts on my phone after unplugging it from car....dont want that either)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts