GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something or is their no EQ options with the Bose stereo? The only tone control I can find allows for changing Treble, Bass, and Mid, or setting it to a "Talk" EQ mode. I'm kinda shocked that there is no deeper set of tools here. The out of the box sound needs adjustment- to my ears(*) it sounds way too bright. I had a crappy $150 Jensen head unit that had more settings than this.

Please tell me I'm wrong- I REALLY want to be.

(*) This is completely subjective. And why the EQ is important.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes you need to have the factory upgraded stock system if you want more EQ options. My stock system has about 5-6 preset EQ options.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Am I missing something or is their no EQ options with the Bose stereo? The only tone control I can find allows for changing Treble, Bass, and Mid, or setting it to a "Talk" EQ mode. I'm kinda shocked that there is no deeper set of tools here. The out of the box sound needs adjustment- to my ears(*) it sounds way too bright. I had a crappy $150 Jensen head unit that had more settings than this.

Please tell me I'm wrong- I REALLY want to be.

(*) This is completely subjective. And why the EQ is important.
You are not missing anything, it is a three band equalizer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, love my Bose upgrade😒
Joking aside, it doesn't sound horrible. I might swap out the tweeters as some have already posted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Forget those EQ Pre-Sets, they just mess up the sound.
I found the Bose System sounds least-bad with the following settings.
Bass: -2
Mid: -1
Treble: -2

Interestingly Auto Volume needs to be OFF.
I used to have it ON and found it makes the Bass too boomy.

Of course, use good quality MP3 Files (forget FM & SAT).

Yes, a Tweeter upgrade helps immensely as the factory tweeters have no resolution.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Treble all the way up, Midrange -3, Bass half or 2-4+

All my songs on my USB sound amazing on the stock stereo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts