GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not withstanding the compliments given to the Volt this article, I think Motor Trend has a real dislike for GM in general and Chevrolet in particular. This quote at the end of the article really struck me as very biased:
Next to the Tesla Roadster, the more complex, more practical Volt -- which will meet all GM's durability standards; have all the usual GM safety features; and be backed by a GM warranty -- looks like an outstanding value. But I suspect most people won't see that, because they won't look past that Bow-Tie badge.​

I have to say, for myself, I'm looking at the Chevrolet Bow Tie and waiting for it with baited breath. I'll confess that the Bow Tie is THE major reason that I will buy a Volt over any other competing product on the planet. I've driven Chevrolets all my life. I have three Chevrolets in my garage today. I want the Volt right now, not in 2010, but I trust Chevy to get it right and I'll wait for them to do that. Meanwhile I guess I'll just keep bending over and taking it in the "you know what" everytime I stop at the local gas station.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree. I have never trusted anything written about GM from Motortrend. Only one worse than them is that rag Consumer Reports. I have lots of opinions on their contribution to the situation the US automakers are in. But I'll keep them to myself. :)

I took the same dig from that line that you did. It probably was torture to write this without some subtle bash of Chevy. At least I have to give them a little credit. They made it to the last line of the article before the putdown.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will admit, I really don't like American cars much at all. My current vehicle is a Nissan, and before that I had a Mitsu and an Acura. I'm also quite fond of VWs. But, lately I've been finding myself drawn to some of the American cars. The wife and I considered the Ford Edge, Taurus X, and even an Escallade. In the end we decided to kep her VW with over 100k on it, and wait for the new TDI for her. When I saw the volt, I made up my mind that this will be my next car, period. The only other vehicle I was considering was the Venture One, but it lacks the practicality that the Volt has. So, coming from someone who typically stays FAR away from American cars, I am behind GM 150% on this venture. I want my Volt!

ps: Everyone knows if it isn't from Toyota/Honda/BMW, then Motor Trend doesn't like it. Nor does Consumer Reports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts