GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Marc-Aurele family from Quebec : the most electrified family in North America?

3 generations of electric cars !!!

Gerard 83 years old - Volt gen 1
Daniel (son) 59 years old - Volt gen 1
Sylvain (son) 58 years old - BMW i3
Denis (grandson) 31 years old - Volt gen 1
Bruno (grandson) 29 years old - Volt gen 1
Carl (grandson) 29 years old - Volt Gen 2

Who say better? 2016-07 Anniv M Marc-Aurèle-93.jpg 2016-07 Anniv M Marc-Aurèle-92 OOS-2.jpg 2016-07 Anniv M Marc-Aurèle-93.jpg 2016-07 Anniv M Marc-Aurèle-92 OOS-2.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
And who was the first in this smart family?

·
Administrator
19,984 Posts
Awesome family! Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daniel's son, Bruno, was the first (lucky) one in 2013, based on his dad's (strong) recommendation...

Daniel followed soon afterward (early 2014), then Daniel's nephew Denis (late 2014), Daniel's dad Gerard (May 2015), Daniel's second son Carl (Gen 2, May 2016) and, the latest addition a few weeks ago, Sylvain (Daniel's brother) got his BMWi3!

It is so clear and obvious in our family that ICE cars are as obsolete as CRT Tv's or pre-digital era cameras that we have a hard time understanding when someone close tells us that they just purchased a 'brand new' ICE car !!! What do you tell those people?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Daniel's son, Bruno, was the first (lucky) one in 2013, based on his dad's (strong) recommendation...

Daniel followed soon afterward (early 2014), then Daniel's nephew Denis (late 2014), Daniel's dad Gerard (May 2015), Daniel's second son Carl (Gen 2, May 2016) and, the latest addition a few weeks ago, Sylvain (Daniel's brother) got his BMWi3!

It is so clear and obvious in our family that ICE cars are as obsolete as CRT Tv's or pre-digital era cameras that we have a hard time understanding when someone close tells us that they just purchased a 'brand new' ICE car !!! What do you tell those people?

That's impressive! Is the i3, the extended range one or the BEV? Any of the drivers have solar at home? Since HQ power is relatively cheap, solar may not be high on the list.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Halfway there...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have a Volt, LEAF and solar. But I also have an old 1997 Ford Ranger for hauling junk so not as electric as others. The OP mentioned CRT TVs. Well I finally got rid on one recently because I had some one help me put it in the back of the Ranger to drive to the electronics recycling site. I also got rid of a satellite dish and DVD. Now if only I could get rid of the other junk in the patio..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's impressive! Is the i3, the extended range one or the BEV? Any of the drivers have solar at home? Since HQ power is relatively cheap, solar may not be high on the list.
Extended range...
No solar, which btw in Quebec is almost non existant! Residential electricity rate is .08 cent / kwh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our family has 5 Volts so far (Not allowed to post pictures here yet). Our youngest daughter who just turned 18 has an 04 Malibu Classic and can't wait to get her own Volt too. We may be tied with the Marc-Aurele family before too long...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts