·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Thanks!

I like black leather and ceramic white accents. The elusive rear armrest makes an appearance! Looks like a retrofit would require replacing the whole center tunnel cover.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I hope we can just somehow take apart the rear area for the armrest. Shame this wasn't done on the previous volts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow! One of the first thing I notice is the key hole now present in the driver's door, along with the armrest between the rear seats. And that picture of the driver's info screen - was that a setting for Adaptive Cruise Control? I sure hope so!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I see the beige interior also has a beige dash and console! I'm impressed that GM went to that level of effort and definitely like it!

Would be great if that rear armrest can be an aftermarket accessory for earlier Volts.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Nice changes and the rear seat arm rest is way cool. Just think what comes in 2014.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Enjoyed the photos. Thanks Neromanceres!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Observation here: I certainly like the leather wrapped steering wheel with the leather seat option as opposed to the cheap looking basic steering wheel.

The center armrest look ok when the seat backs are up and for passengers but if you need the seats folded down and that flat cargo space................think there might be a problem there..........doesn't appear that it would work for me.........sorry MY2013.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Observation here: I certainly like the leather wrapped steering wheel with the leather seat option as opposed to the cheap looking basic steering wheel.

The center armrest looks ok when the seat backs are up and for passengers but if you need the seats folded down and that flat floor cargo space................think there might be a problem there..........doesn't appear that it would work for me.........sorry MY2013.
I thought the leather wrapped steering wheel was always present on Premium Trims? After seeing all these changes with the 2013 Volt, I'm glad I leased my Volt. When my lease is up in 2015, I can't wait to see what they will have done since they're making quite a few modifications to it, as opposed to what I saw on the Prius changes over the model years which were basically the same vehicle other than a mid year refresh.

·
4,851 Posts
One of the pictures has a "Pictures" option and a "Movies" option on the center stack LCD screen... Wonder what those are for?!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The center armrest looks ok when the seat backs are up and for passengers but if you need the seats folded down and that flat floor cargo space................think there might be a problem there..........doesn't appear that it would work for me.........sorry MY2013.
I wonder if the centre arm rest is removable?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks for posting this!

Does the rear armrest fold up? I'm still not liking how it's open to the back. I like the rear storage accessory because it does a nice job of blocking the hole. If the rear armrest can fold up I'm still not sure how well it will fill that void.

Definitely like the black roof better than the body color roof on the MY2013. It gives the Volt a unique look. The body color looks more plain. Since mine is Summit White at least that should keep the interior cooler.

However, I do like the body color portion of the trunk, instead of the black trim.

One of the things I'm curious about is grid lines for the backup camera. With the MY2012 Volts with Nav have grid lines, those w/o Nav don't have grid lines. With them changing the Nav system on MY2013 I'm wondering if they'll still have grid lines. We can see from the pics that w/o Nav still doesn't have grid lines.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I really don't like the painted roof and back panel. If Chevy felt they needed to paint something it should have been the lower body cladding.

The armrest might be nice once the carseats are gone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The center armrest look ok when the seat backs are up and for passengers but if you need the seats folded down and that flat cargo space................think there might be a problem there..........doesn't appear that it would work for me.........sorry MY2013.
Unless I missed something in the last few weeks, I thought that the center armrest was removable.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The first link to the black car shows that there is not a rear armrest on that car so it probably is removable and may be able to be added to earlier models. I think it looks like it follows the contour of the back seats when folded and may not pertrude.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The first link to the black car shows that there is not a rear armrest on that car so it probably is removable and may be able to be added to earlier models. I think it looks like it follows the contour of the back seats when folded and may not pertrude.

I noted that but where there is no armrest shown those cars have basic cloth interior; maybe it only included with optional interior?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I wonder if the centre arm rest is removable?
I went to the Viridian Joule dealer's website and in the window sticker it says that it is removable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I remember reading somewhere that the arm rest was going to be available for the 11's and 12's as an option. When I'm up at the volt clinic next weekend I will ask about the arm rest.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow! One of the first thing I notice is the key hole now present in the driver's door, along with the armrest between the rear seats. And that picture of the driver's info screen - was that a setting for Adaptive Cruise Control? I sure hope so!
My 2012 has a keyhole in the driver door. I never noticed but do the 11's not have one?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts