GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some more info on the interior based on a Q&A with Tim Grieg.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/09/volt-interior.html

I'm a little disappointed that the center monitor will not articulate or hide away. I don't necessarily like a fixed monitor especially when GM has placed a dash top storage container behind the top of the monitor. I could the monitor being bumped, scratched and just getting in the way when trying to access the storage bin (at least it looks like it would be in the way from the pictures revealed yesterday.)

When it's not in use (ie. car is parked) why not have the monitor disappear so that it is protected from the sun and other things?

I would have liked a monitor that slides down (similar to the CTS) and only shows about an inch or two with important information (ie. cabin temp. setting, radio settings.) instead of always having it up showing some useless battery discharge or other distracting displays.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like some of my big gripes are being addressed

I didn't really mind the "floating" look of the 2 main knobs on the center stack, but I HATED the fact that there was no tactile indication of where the touch-control buttons are so you'd have to look to find a button. I also was concerned about the way the center-stack display was implemented, with that big trough ahead of it to catch dirt and crud, it sounds like the real thing will be much closer to the state of the art for modern fixed touchscreens.

Huh... by some GM magic, they're making capacitive touch sensors work when you're wearing gloves... if that's reliable, that's very nice, and the first I've heard of such.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Here is some more info on the interior based on a Q&A with Tim Grieg.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/09/volt-interior.html

I'm a little disappointed that the center monitor will not articulate or hide away. I don't necessarily like a fixed monitor especially when GM has placed a dash top storage container behind the top of the monitor. I could the monitor being bumped, scratched and just getting in the way when trying to access the storage bin (at least it looks like it would be in the way from the pictures revealed yesterday.)
The article mentioned that people thought the monitor was movable, when in fact it is not. Looking at the pictures, I wonder how anyone would think the monitor is movable? :rolleyes: (I thought it flipped down or something.)

They will change the design so the monitor looks more "integrated" into the panel. Well and good, but I hope they don't leave a little space suitable for junk accumulation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts