GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Ontario we get to use the HOV lanes with a single occupant if you have a Green License Plate and the standard dealer license plate holder has their name on the bottom, which covers the "Green Plate" lettering. Don't really care about the dealer advertising and any of the custom plates I saw in the stores had the same problem.

I simply took a jigsaw to the plastic holder and cut out the centre..... Works for me

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
In Ontario we get to use the HOV lanes with a single occupant if you have a Green License Plate and the standard dealer license plate holder has their name on the bottom, which covers the "Green Plate" lettering. Don't really care about the dealer advertising and any of the custom plates I saw in the stores had the same problem.

I simply took a jigsaw to the plastic holder and cut out the centre..... Works for me
Good idea, since some owners have been pulled over for using the HOV lanes even with the green plate. The dremel is waiting and good to go.

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Technically all plate frames are illegal, and you can be pulled over for that alone. Even clear plastic ones (typically they don't, but they could)
If you're really concerned, remove it entirely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts