GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw a Model 3 today in Salt Lake. It was about a block from a Tesla dealer. It was a dirt gray color with the flat front. I don't know what else it could be. I'm seeing a lot of Tesla's in Salt Lake now for some reason.

·
Administrator
20,437 Posts
Meh. And so?

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Like the mythical $35K M3 when I start seeing them in the mid-west then I'll know they exist.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I'd assume it was either a test vehicle -- but those seem to have been spotted in CA -- or one of the employee test cars. Certainly they're out there. Nice to hear electrics are popping up in SLC. I see a huge number. In fact I think the Model S may be the most single popular model, though the larger Range Rover may edge it out (don't know much about Range Rovers but it's not the smaller one). I don't, however, expect to see many Model 3s for the same reason the BMW Series 3 isn't popular. Would be nice to be surprised.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
was watching this youtube vid of the koenig(it has 3 electric motors) and caught this in the video.Its in Cali.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
was watching this youtube vid of the koenig(it has 3 electric motors) and caught this in the video.Its in Cali.
umm, that's a model S, not a 3. the S has slimmer headlights while the 3 is more big-eyed. Plus the lower grill is different. Just look at Tesla.com to see the difference.

I suspect many model 3 sightings are just people unaware that the model S has two styles, one with the ugly black oval, and one without.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
so the s has the same ugly front end,,to bad.I have 2 tesla's in the neighborhood,they don't look like that.the look normal to me.

·
Registered
13,925 Posts
so the s has the same ugly front end,,to bad.I have 2 tesla's in the neighborhood,they don't look like that.the look normal to me.
Older Teslas had the oval. Newer Teslas after the model X intro don't have the oval.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I followed a silver Model 3 on the 405 in Long Beach this morning. Funny thing was, when we got to the carpool lane entrance I jumped in but he didn't. Then I noticed he did not have a white sticker. C YA SCKR!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts