GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Bloomberg, Tesla has passed an important milestone with over 50k model 3s produced (51248 as of this post and tracking for over 60,000 by end of July). In terms of deliveries we will need to wait for the quasi-official scorecard at the end of the month, but with the surge of deliveries that took place after July 1 (to maximize the Tax Credit) it is now seems safe to say that more than 35,000 will be in US customer garages by end of month.

That means more Model 3s have been sold and delivered in the US than all the BMW i3s since the vehicle was launched in 2014 (34,251), more than all the Leafs delivered since the end of 2015 (31,895), and more than all the Bolts sold since it was introduced (31,734). By end of next month (probably before) there will be more Model 3s delivered than all the Gen 2 Volts sold in the US since the car was introduced in March 2016 (~48,915).

More important and relevant, the Model 3 outsold the BMW 3 Series during first half even with reduced production and looks on track to sell more than twice as many as any of its ICE competitors this year (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus).

I am looking forward to watching Model 3 cross the 100K threshold (I am betting before Halloween).

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
They have sent me 3 emails so far to get me to send them more money. But I cancelled yesterday.

If you order a Model 3 today, you can get one as fast as 2 days. A guy ordered a RWD today, and his delivery is Friday. New York.

·
Administrator
20,437 Posts
I'm tired of truck commercials. Maybe this means Tesla can turn the tide and make small $50k-$70k sedans the "in" car to have. If that happens, I'm fine with that. I hate ceding that market to imports.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Don’t really care, because they need to clear all those holding lots from delayed deliveries in June and they are spooling up Duel Motor and Performance package cars which have more Configuration options to contend with. You don’t just flip the switch at target rate production to add major components an expect everything to go perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Don’t really care, because they need to clear all those holding lots from delayed deliveries in June and they are spooling up Duel Motor and Performance package cars which have more Configuration options to contend with. You don’t just flip the switch at target rate production to add major components an expect everything to go perfect.
They are cranking up the AWDs. Mostly performance for now but saw a non-Perf AWD VINs are starting to be assigned to buyers.

Highest VIN registered with NHTSA is 75000+on the latest tweet!!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I thought they meant Model 3 surpasses $50,000.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Your post [several examples] are not very helpful or provide much value. General comment: Posting nonsensical things when forum users follow threads just waste their time and turns off users.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Your post [several examples] are not very helpful or provide much value. General comment: Posting nonsensical things when forum users follow threads just waste their time and turns off users.
What? You mean you didn't get a chuckle? You need to lighten up. :p

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
If you order a Model 3 today, you can get one as fast as 2 days. A guy ordered a RWD today, and his delivery is Friday. New York.
Really.... How does that work when there are six figures worth of reservation holders?

·
8,680 Posts
Really.... How does that work when there are six figures worth of reservation holders?

Because they apparently don't want a US spec RWD LR Premium car. Those are the only cars you can get in a couple days, because no one who has configured yet wants that and hasn't taken delivery.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Touched a nerve, huh? The idea of the BEV for the everyman, down the drain.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Tesla must be doing something right, the 3s are popping up all around here.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Tesla must be doing something right, the 3s are popping up all around here.
I'm starting to see them in Chicagoland as well. I visited one of our Tesla Service centers to get a minor adjustment and am seeing various TM3s there. Non-Performance versions of the AWD buyers are starting to get VINs now so those are being built too.

Touched a nerve, huh? The idea of the BEV for the everyman, down the drain.
What? Sorry that has nothing to do with anything or my objecting to his nonsensical several post when people put a 'subscribe' on threads to watch them and their time is wasted. As a moderator forum users complain about these types of nonsensical post. I see user complain to other users at other forums too.

Tesla is going to make the Short Range M3 and buyers will get $3,750 same a GM buyers will next year.

https://www.tesla.com/support/incentives

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Tesla is going to make the Short Range M3 and buyers will get $3,750 same a GM buyers will next year.
If Tesla production is on track, and they start producing Short Range Model 3s in January 2019, the Bolt EV buyers will be receiving $7,500 credits while Model 3 buyers will receive $3,750 credits. When Tesla credits drop to $1,875, Bolt EV buyers will still be receiving $3,750 credits.

Hopefully, this means that GM is releasing another EV or two by the end of this year, but I'm a little worried that we haven't seen any announcements yet. Unless they are coming in full stealth mode.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
More important and relevant, the Model 3 outsold the BMW 3 Series during first half even with reduced production and looks on track to sell more than twice as many as any of its ICE competitors this year (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus).

I am looking forward to watching Model 3 cross the 100K threshold (I am betting before Halloween).
It will be interesting to see quasi-monthly sales for July
AND real numbers at the end of the 3rd quarter for Tesla and now GM.

Sales from Jan-2016 thru Jun-2018 including BMW 3 series:

BMW 3-Series Sales via: http://goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/bmw-3-series-sales-figures/

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
If Tesla production is on track, and they start producing Short Range Model 3s in January 2019, the Bolt EV buyers will be receiving $7,500 credits while Model 3 buyers will receive $3,750 credits. When Tesla credits drop to $1,875, Bolt EV buyers will still be receiving $3,750 credits.
Not sure I understand your math here at all...

GM has sold (according to InsideEVs Scorecard) a total of 31,734 Bolts and 141,326 Volts for a total of 173,060 as of end 2Q. Add to that another 10,606 from ELR/Spark/CT6 PHEV and as of end June GM had only 16,334 credits left before they cross the 200k threshold. So while Tesla crossed in early July, GM will cross in late July or early August. In either case it makes zero difference on the tax credit. Both Tesla and GM will cross the 200k in 3Q which means full credits through 4Q and then half credits starting in January.

Mea Culpa - I misread the GM sales data (see below my post below). While true that they only have 16k credits left, they are only selling 2600 vehicles a month so they should be at full tax credit at least through 1Q and maybe 2Q of next year. Doh!

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Hopefully, this means that GM is releasing another EV or two by the end of this year, but I'm a little worried that we haven't seen any announcements yet. Unless they are coming in full stealth mode.
I would expect some spy shots by now. That seems to be the standard early warning system.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts