GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the first delivery this morning at the Raleigh Sales Center. Since almost all the preliminary stuff was done online, it went very smooth. Quick signing of documents, phone key pairing, brief overview and I was done in under 30 minutes.

I got the Midnight silver metallic paint with the standard 18' aero wheels, long range battery, premium package. Paint and body panels alignment are excellent. Interior has two tiny issues - a piece of the cloth dash panel near the windshield needs to be tucked in, and a gasket on the inside left rear door is a little deformed. Only the latter looks like the service center needs to fix. Otherwise, everything else looks great.

VIN 142xx. It had 8 miles on the odometer. They also charge the car up to 80%. I'll have to test the local supercharger sometime when it gets low.

I didn't get EAP, but it still shows cars around you on the screen, including blind spot warnings. I only drove back roads, so I haven't unleashed it fully yet, but the drive is very solid and response is quick. It's now getting paint protection film on the front and a ceramic coating on the rest. I may eventually tint the windows.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Congrats! I got to ride in a co-worker's Model 3 last week and was very impressed... still a little too pricey for me, but it's now my favorite Tesla model.

Edit: Please share your thoughts after you've driven a bit. I'm very interested in a Volt owner's opinions on this car.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
How very exciting! The Midnight Silver looks great.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
I was the first delivery this morning at the Raleigh Sales Center. Since almost all the preliminary stuff was done online, it went very smooth. Quick signing of documents, phone key pairing, brief overview and I was done in under 30 minutes.

I got the Midnight silver metallic paint with the standard 18' aero wheels, long range battery, premium package. Paint and body panels alignment are excellent. Interior has two tiny issues - a piece of the cloth dash panel near the windshield needs to be tucked in, and a gasket on the inside left rear door is a little deformed. Only the latter looks like the service center needs to fix. Otherwise, everything else looks great.

VIN 142xx. It had 8 miles on the odometer. They also charge the car up to 80%. I'll have to test the local supercharger sometime when it gets low.

I didn't get EAP, but it still shows cars around you on the screen, including blind spot warnings. I only drove back roads, so I haven't unleashed it fully yet, but the drive is very solid and response is quick. It's now getting paint protection film on the front and a ceramic coating on the rest. I may eventually tint the windows.
Huge congrats. Glad there were only a couple of minor things wrong. Looking forward to more reports.

That is the color of my Model X! I had the front done with 3M clear film similarly as I road trip quite a bit and didn't want the rock chips.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I've seen two M3's with temp tags here in southern IL in the last few days, the second one is brand new to the area. Go figure, every where I look you see HUGE P/U trunks, SUV's and low and behold two M3's. Me thinks Tesla is starting to reach critical mass. If it'll play in Peoria it'll play any where.....

·
Administrator
21,210 Posts
Exciting day! Congrats and enjoy the new ride. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
I was the first delivery this morning at the Raleigh Sales Center. Since almost all the preliminary stuff was done online, it went very smooth. Quick signing of documents, phone key pairing, brief overview and I was done in under 30 minutes. ...
Oh you should consider signing up for the TeslaFi service. It gathers a lot of data on your car daily (using the Tesla phone apps api I believe). It is fantastic. I've used it for a few years now. $50/yr and worth much more. My son is going to use it on his Model 3. There are quite a few Model 3's using it.

http://about.teslafi.com

Free OTA'd firmware info site: http://firmware.teslafi.com

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats, it is a great car! Worth the wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.