1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
And so it starts, this century's hot rodders.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Sasha Anis chose to use Volt batteries in his "Tesla Evora" conversion because they are some of the most resistant to voltage sag of any EVs currently available. Apparently, they were better even than the Tesla 18650 cell packs.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Now that GM can't jebait us into buying a gen3 Volt that is 1 second faster to 60, c'mon GM... throw us a bone. Offer a dealer performance upgrade for the Volt. Getting it from 120kW to 150kW or even 200kW power may only require replacing the 300A fuse and reprogramming. We know the battery can handle it and from the ELR, we know the platform can at least handle 150kW. Give us something for killing our Volt. I'd pay up to maybe $1000 for the performance upgrade.

Mike

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Makes sense to use Volt batteries for these mods, since there has to be a good used supply available. Eventually, Tesla batteries will be the battery of choice given the recent enormous sales.

There's a place that sells EV components for mad projects like using battery packs for off-grid solar, and for car mods:
http://evtv.me

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I know there are a lot of people out there who know what they are doing, however I can't help but wait for the inevitable "man fries himself and best friend who was holding his beer" stories. LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts