GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever update was made, it has made viewing in the mobile view mode completely unusable. I can't use the new posts, active posts, participated posts functions making the mobile mode completely useless! Please fix this!
I am running Chrome on Android 6.0.

Fwiw, the "other" forum also has the same issues.

·
Administrator
19,968 Posts
Responsive design to support mobile devices is a lot tougher to pull off than your mom's 1995 html. My sympathies for the developers. :(

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Lots of forums flop posts around, mobile version does suck, even on an iPhone 6

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey admins! Response or acknowledgement would be appreciated! I'm resorting to using desktop mode, where I have to pinch and zoom in to be able to read posts, which is very inconvenient.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Hey there

Sorry we missed the initial reports on this thread. There was a known issue with the mobile site. Tech is reporting this as resolved from yesterday's release. If you clear your cache and cookies, your browser should take you back to the mobile view. Can you confirm that this is sorted out for you?

Dayle

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Hey everyone,

Did all the members having an issue with this attempt to clear cache and cookies and try the enhanced view again?

Anyone still having an issue with it?

Thanks.
- JB

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone,

Did all the members having an issue with this attempt to clear cache and cookies and try the enhanced view again?

Anyone still having an issue with it?

Thanks.
- JB
I tried clearing the cache and reloading the site....then tried the "active topics", "new posts" options....all they did was bring me back to the forum home page. So at least those 2 functions are still broken.

Android 6.0 and latest Chrome.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Same issue here--constant resets, failures to load. Running IOS 10.2. Safari.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
VoltenRock,

If you clear your cache and cookies, do this issues sort themselves out at all?
Please provide screen captures, this will help with the investigation.

Richard.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VoltenRock,

Richard.
I've cleared the cache and everything, still jacked.

The "Active topic/participated topics/new posts"...basically every "quick link" option is broken except for the "Forum home" one. All the other options do is return me to the same page I was just browsing.

FWIW, the "other forum" works just fine on my Android phone w/Chrome.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
VoltenRock,

Richard.
Cleared the website data/cookies. No change. Here is what I'll see. View attachment 126857

It will just spin, and spin, and spin, and spin. Occasionally it will then say "there is a problem with the site, so it was reloaded." At which point, it goes back to the main "enhanced view" forum screen. For whatever reason, that will boot me out and I'll need to log in -- which repeats the spinning wheel cycle. Wash, rinse, repeat.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Hey there,

I was able to replicate the same issues as you expressed regarding the Active topics function. The same issue seems to apply for the Participated and New topics sections.
I have sent in a ticket to the tech team to get this resolved.
I will post back here once I have an update for you guys.

Ticket #: 2317665

Thank you for your patience,

Richard

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Hey guys,

I have bee notified that the above issue has been reported on a couple of our sites.
And the team is working on a fix for this at the moment.
Once the fix has been applied, it will be released globally on all of the sites that are experiencing the above issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Richard.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Any word on the update? Still no reliable mobile access, same issues as has been going on for a few months now.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
There are gearing up to do a mass update to the mobile view, which is part of why it's taking so long for a fix. More then just this issue is being addressed

Kevin

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Great, thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts