GM Volt Forum banner

MKBHD interviews Elon Musk - August 15, 2018

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 · (Edited)
One of my favorite YouTubers to watch is Marques Brownlee, aka MKBHD. I just watched his video where he spends some time with Elon, just over 15 minutes long. The factory is behind them, machines moving, one guy in the bottom on the line doing work, etc. Very interesting interview, you get a good sense of Elon’s personality when he is talking with someone he likes (as opposed to certain Wall Street analysts, etc.)

#3 ·
Yes, an interesting contrast in a 24 hour period. That Times article helped to send TSLA stock down some 9%, something in that range. Strange times for Mr. Musk, I think over time he and Tesla will get this right and back on track. It could take many years, but ultimately they will succeed (think about Jobs and Apple’s history as a frame of reference).

He’s a special guy, good and bad, faults and all. So was Jobs. Our society advances because of people on the fringe like these individuals.

#4 ·
I'm kind of in agreement with some of the board. He should lay off the Twitter addiction. He's in serious trouble with the SEC over "funding secured". A simple mental error that has the potential to land him in a jail cell.

The obsessive behaviors he exhibits are a big factor here, specifically his compulsion with short sellers. He needs Ambien to sleep over it?

I work a lot of hours too, but I can and do walk away from it for long periods. I can do that and he should too. He's not the only one who knows how to run things. I think he might be afraid to find out that the company can succeed without him.

Musk said:
“if you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know. They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.”
I don't believe he's serious about that for one minute. Turning it over to someone else is the last thing he'll do, and the first thing he should do. The SEC would probably back off if he did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.