GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me conform if I’m missing a piece of trim or if it is supposed to have a hole on the rear hatch door’s latching area? See pic below for reference. It looks to me like it’s missing some trim but my dealer says they don’t know either as they don’t sell a lot of this car to see this. For those of you that have 2016 volt 2, can you check if you have a hole in the rear hatch area as well?

Also I went in for some recall work done and was hoping that would fix the “service rear view camera” error that pops up on my counsel every now a then. Also my entire console have shut down in the missing of driving before and not sure if there is anything that can be done. Some input from veteran would be nice. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Can someone help me conform if I’m missing a piece of trim or if it is supposed to have a hole on the rear hatch door’s latching area? See pic below for reference. It looks to me like it’s missing some trim but my dealer says they don’t know either as they don’t sell a lot of this car to see this. For those of you that have 2016 volt 2, can you check if you have a hole in the rear hatch area as well?

Also I went in for some recall work done and was hoping that would fix the “service rear view camera” error that pops up on my counsel every now a then. Also my entire console have shut down in the missing of driving before and not sure if there is anything that can be done. Some input from veteran would be nice. Thanks!
There is no trim for that hole in the rear bumper. That hole is there to drain rain water that is collected around the hatch.
Sorry, can't help with the console shut down problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is a drain and should not be covered. When "service rear view camera" error comes on, it is reminder to clean the lens, whether it needs it or not. If console is shutting down, I do believe there was a software update to fix that. As that is what they did to my 2016 to fix it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The service rear vision system reminder has constantly confused me since I got the Volt. "Service" implies that something is broken or in need of maintenance. Why doesn't it just say "Clean Rear Camera Lens"?

At least glad to know my car isn't on the brink of an electronics failure.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
The service rear vision system reminder has constantly confused me since I got the Volt. "Service" implies that something is broken or in need of maintenance. Why doesn't it just say "Clean Rear Camera Lens"?

At least glad to know my car isn't on the brink of an electronics failure.
I don't know if I agree that the Service Rear Camera message is a reminder to clean the camera lens. I have only seen that message one time in 2.5 years and it was probably just a software glitch. If you are regularly getting a warning message regarding the rear camera then suspect something is wrong with the camera or the connecting cable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't know if I agree that the Service Rear Camera message is a reminder to clean the camera lens. I have only seen that message one time in 2.5 years and it was probably just a software glitch. If you are regularly getting a warning message regarding the rear camera then suspect something is wrong with the camera or the connecting cable.
I agree. I was getting it on my 2017. I took it to the dealership for something else and mentioned this to them. They found a software update and I haven't seen the message since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly, if my camera is dirty it should just say clean the camera, but even this baffles dealership and they just re-set my software last them when I told them about this issue. Appearance this didn't fix it, and of course the lens is clean so thats not really an issue either.

But thanks everyone for confirming that this is a drainhole not some missing trim location.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts