GM Volt Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still no charge complete texts for me. Onstar closed my first support case without even verifying whether the problem was fixed. Called again and opened a new case. As others reported, they called me a few days ago and asked a few questions and nothing since. Granted, it was the week between Christmas and New Years and there is yet another wave of the virus, so one might expect response to be slower, but my charge complete texts have never worked since 11/17/21.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Now I’m getting too many notifications. When I unplug the Volt, I immediately get the charge completed message. When I get back home and plug it back in, when the charging is done, I get the same message!

·
Registered
2012 Std w Nav
5,030 Posts
Now I’m getting too many notifications. When I unplug the Volt, I immediately get the charge completed message. When I get back home and plug it back in, when the charging is done, I get the same message!
Separate charge cycle, separate message. :)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Check the vehicle settings in your car. There's an option to enable these messages.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Separate charge cycle, separate message. :)
No, SAME charge cycle, 2 separate messages. I only made one trip on the 28th, one charge complete at 2:48, another charge complete at 3:27:

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Circle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: My charge complete notifications are still not working after almost 2 months. I have had two cases open now. The first one was closed by Onstar without even asking me if the problem was resolved. The second one, which I opened when I found out on a status check that the first one had been closed, has been open for almost 3 weeks now. Both times, I was told I would be contacted in 3 days. Nope! This is the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced from any American company. I am so tired of talking to very nice people on the other side of the planet who are NO HELP; simply a waste of time. I will be canceling the connected vehicle services when my annual subscription expires next month. Not going to pay them any more of my money for their useless OnStar Connected vehicle crap. I give up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just fixed it. I have been badgering OnStar / GM for months. They had me uninstall and reinstall the app, delete and re-add the vehicle, reset password, and disabled and re-enabled notifications in the myChevrolet app multiple times. I jumped through many hoops as part of their troubleshooting process, but nothing restored the charge complete texts. After many phone calls and emails, I finally got the solution from OnStar. They asked me to disable all notifications, wait 3-4 minutes, and then re-enable them.

Well, just for good measure, I set all of the switches in the myChevrolet app Notifications section (including email address and text number) to off and waited about 20 minutes; then went back in and re-enabled my email address and text phone number and re-enabled Charge Complete and Charge Interrupted notifications. At that point, the car had been fully charged from last night but I immediately got a charge complete text and email.

To verify it still worked, I took a short drive and then plugged the car into the charger again. After a few minutes (that's all it took to charge the car since it was a short trip) I got another charge complete text, so it appears to be working reliably.

The secret was to leave the notifications settings disabled for a longer period of time. When I disabled and re-enabled, I guess I didn't give it enough time to be communicated back to OnStar. Hopefully this will work for y'all too!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts