GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Premier
124 Posts
Perhaps try unplugging your EVSE while charging and see if you get the charging disrupted message?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
887 Posts
As I've posted in the other thread, for my 14 ELR I last received a text "charge complete" notice on Nov 16th.

Threads should be merged.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
At this point, it might be more productive to ask who HAS gotten more than sporadic notifications since mid November.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Under Charge Status, I only have Charge Setting options. Use to have notifications button to change the settings, but it is missing on mine. I tried to install an older version of mychevrolet (jan 2021), but it is not there either. I attached a screen shot of my app.

View attachment 173466
I sent you a private message on this. Please check it and reply.

·
Registered
261 Posts
GM has continued to maintain that this issue is vehicle (not system) based. We now have irrefutable evidence that it is a GM back-end system issue given the report from the Cadillac ELR owner. I have texted my contact with the increasing number of owners reporting this issue and will be following up on Monday 12/6 verbally. It's almost a week since I reported this and have been patient as they attempted to identify a vehicle issue with my Volt. (The pulled logs from it on Thursday.) All other connectivity-related functions (e. g. location text/emails, charging status, tire pressure, etc.) are in all cases working flawlessly. I'm not losing my patience.
GM has confirmed an issue with their back-end system. A fix is in the work. If anyone starts getting charge notifications, please post.

·
Administrator
21,493 Posts
Mine is a 2017. I don't know why my post was moved to Gen 1 forum. But anyway, still not notifications or the option to turn them on in the app.
It was combined with a pre-existing thread about this issue. It appears to affect both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Volts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It was combined with a pre-existing thread about this issue. It appears to affect both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Volts.
It would have been helpful if a pointer to this moved thread had been left in the Gen 2 forum given many of the posts are from Gen 2 owners too. As it is, the thread appears to have vanished. Fortunately I am following it and was able to find it that way.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
887 Posts
Notifications are back, I just received one via text. First since Nov 16th.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Got an email message for charging complete for the first time on our 18 in weeks last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Got one this morning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One thought I had is that the plug-in reminders (which still work) would appear to not require any involvement from the vehicle since it is simply a scheduled reminder text sent from OnStar, whereas the charging complete notifications require the vehicle to transmit the charging complete status to OnStar before OnStar 'knows' to send the text. If this is true, then it would indicate that either the vehicle is no longer sending this status to OnStar, or the app is not 'telling' the vehicle to notify when fully charged, or OnStar is not acting on the charging complete message from our Volts. My guess is it is the third situation because so many customers stopped working at the about same time. Come on OnStar, fix this!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your third assumption of how charge complete notifications work is correct. The charge complete trigger is correctly being sent by the vehicle but the OnStar backend (server) process is failing to pick up on that trigger and issue the text and/or email notification(s). There was another outage over this past weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine as well. Still don't know where in the app I can update those settings though. Seems to be missing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2017 Premier and my last charge complete notification was on Nov 16, 2021. The next charging was Nov.18, 2021 and no notification was received. None has been received since. I removed and re-installed the phone app, but no change.
I called OnStar and initiated a Service Request. I got a call back from GM asking some questions, and a follow-up from OnStar asking if the problem had been solved. I told them NO. I called OnStar again on Dec 17, 2021 for a follow-up. They had no new info and said they would check and get back to me. I have heard nothing since.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2017 Premier and my last charge complete notification was on Nov 16, 2021. The next charging was Nov.18, 2021 and no notification was received. None has been received since. I removed and re-installed the phone app, but no change.
I called OnStar and initiated a Service Request. I got a call back from GM asking some questions, and a follow-up from OnStar asking if the problem had been solved. I told them NO. I called OnStar again on Dec 17, 2021 for a follow-up. They had no new info and said they would check and get back to me. I have heard nothing since.
My current version of myChevrolet is ver. 5.8.0 (3987)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts