GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The situation was more complicated when the lost key was the only one. In this case, its recovery may be different - it all depends on the type. If you have a car with high mileage and the key is not equipped with a microchip, it makes sense to contact one of the specialized companies to manufacture duplicates of the door lock cylinder for a modest fee. Another option is to replace the door and ignition lock cylinders themselves, which, along with a set of keys, you can take, for example, on auto salvage. But it is better to try to contact a locksmith Grand Prairie - My Local Locksmith who knows how to make new keys.

Moderator UPDATE: removed URL that seemed to be spam but left thread for subsequent conversations/info from normal users.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not been receiving charging complete text messages for a few weeks now. When I go into the mychevrolet app, the area where I use to be able to set my phone number and what messages I get is no longer there. I think it use to say Notifications under the Charge Status section. Was there an update to the app and it was removed?

P.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am seeing the option to set and change notifications (both email and text) on the Vehicle Status page in the Charge Status area. We have email and text contacts listed and the Event Notifications are enabled. HOWEVER: we are not receiving any notifications. I am in contact with a GM engineer and they're saying the vehicle isn't communicating properly, which is pure bunk in that every other status item such as charge status, tire pressure, location (including receiving texts for location) is working. I will report back when I know more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Under Charge Status, I only have Charge Setting options. Use to have notifications button to change the settings, but it is missing on mine. I tried to install an older version of mychevrolet (jan 2021), but it is not there either. I attached a screen shot of my app.

Font Material property Communication Device Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
My 2017 stopped receiving text messages in the middle of November. Personally I don't care.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2015 stopped getting email notifications last week.. maybe it’s a general OnStar problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Out of the blue, my Volt / Onstar stopped texting me when the car is fully charged. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it on the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, opened a case with Onstar, and, just to test the texting, enabled the plug-in reminder. Those texts work, but still no completed charging texts. My experience with Onstar support has been abysmal. My question to the group is does anybody know how to troubleshoot this issue? I tried to get a detailed explanation from Onstar of the event flow for this feature, but got nowhere. My impression is that this function requires the Volt to send a status update to Onstar indicating it is charged and then Onstar sends the text. If correct, this implies that the Volt has stopped sending these alerts to Onstar. In analyzing the plug in reminder texts, it would seem that those do not require involved of the car since they are simply a reminder text sent by Onstar. If all of this is true, then it would seem there is something wrong with my Volt's system that caused the completed charging texts to stop. I would appreciate any information from the group on how to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Norm (Zeldar)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I just checked and the last charge completed notification I got was on Nov. 15. I definitely drove and charged up on the 20th, but no notification. Haven’t driven since because of a foot problem. Otherwise I would have noticed sooner. Should I complain to OnStar?

Reactions: michaelnolie88

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Same here. I haven’t gotten a charge complete notification on my 2015 since Nov. 15.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
886 Posts
2014 ELR, last text notification of full charge was Nov 16th.

·
Registered
261 Posts
GM has continued to maintain that this issue is vehicle (not system) based. We now have irrefutable evidence that it is a GM back-end system issue given the report from the Cadillac ELR owner. I have texted my contact with the increasing number of owners reporting this issue and will be following up on Monday 12/6 verbally. It's almost a week since I reported this and have been patient as they attempted to identify a vehicle issue with my Volt. (The pulled logs from it on Thursday.) All other connectivity-related functions (e. g. location text/emails, charging status, tire pressure, etc.) are in all cases working flawlessly. I'm not losing my patience.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
51 Posts
The charging complete notifications for my Volt also stopped around the same time. Makes me wonder if Onstar has discontinued this feature?

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
51 Posts
You can add me to the list. The charging complete notifications stopped for my '18 Volt around the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My last notification happened Nov 16. Mine comes through email, so it not just texts that are not going through.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine stopped as well. Funny thing is I hadn’t even noticed until I saw another post on here about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts