GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 days all the usual Volt data is displaying in MyChevrolet app. I called OnStar this am on the way to work and they sent my call to the Case Resolution Center and the guy there said they had a server failure and it took sometime to hunt it down and fix it.

I did have to delete the app and reinstall it to get my data back.

So hopefully VoltStats will start pulling data for my/our cars again now that EV miles is being provided again.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My myChevrolet and RemoteLink apps started working last night - both on iPhone and iPad. But VoltStats still hasn't successfully polled the car since the 19th...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sadly/Unfortunately I still have no information from either VoltStats or myChev(App or Webpage)/myVolt.

Makes me wonder which will happen first, me finally getting my License plates from our severely backed up DMV/DPS, or OnStar getting their stuff together, hah.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
VoltStats updated today at noon (CDT). MyCadillac applets were disabled from the 19th until a couple days ago. Not just the data, the iPhone app had no icons for keyfob, status and nav.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may have been premature, app data is back but Lifetime EV miles are gone. My total vehicle miles are still there though. So after this it looks like my EV miles will start over. So I now have 10,830 vehicle miles but only 21 EV miles. Prior to the outage I was averaging 97% electric. This will skew the collectives numbers downward. Oh well it was nice while it lasted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After 8 days all the usual Volt data is displaying in MyChevrolet app. I called OnStar this am on the way to work and they sent my call to the Case Resolution Center and the guy there said they had a server failure and it took sometime to hunt it down and fix it.

I did have to delete the app and reinstall it to get my data back.

So hopefully VoltStats will start pulling data for my/our cars again now that EV miles is being provided again.

Cheers
Hello,

Tried deleting the mychevrolet app and reinstalling it, still no EV miles displayed. The onstar app is working but still won't display EV miles either. At about the same time that the data for EV miles stopped displaying in the apps I also lost all of my xm channels. Sirius was able to "refresh" that and get it working, could this be tied together somehow or just a coincidence?

skol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, it looks like 2015s and newer are not reporting EV miles and voltstats throughs out the data because it never expects 0 lifetime miles. On voltstats only 1 2016 is updated by the looks of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At the moment I'm not getting any update at all in the app. Just hangs there spinning it's wheel... hopefully that means they are fixing something. Breath not held...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Before today, the onstar app wouldn't work at all, now it is working but the EV data is still -- on both apps, I asked a friend of mine with a gmc if his app is working and he said no problems, seems to be just the volts having data issues...

skol

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before today, the onstar app wouldn't work at all, now it is working but the EV data is still -- on both apps, I asked a friend of mine with a gmc if his app is working and he said no problems, seems to be just the volts having data issues...

skol
Actually the vehicle status data on my 2017 GMC Acadia was also missing during the same time frame as my 2017 Volt, when the MyChevrolet app stated working so did the MyGMC app. And yes it looks like most if not all Gen II Volts have been impacted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, it looks like 2015s and newer are not reporting EV miles and voltstats throughs out the data because it never expects 0 lifetime miles. On voltstats only 1 2016 is updated by the looks of it.
Well it wasn't mine, my16 still stuck at Oct 19

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Has anyone contacted OnStar or Mychevrolet to find out what's happening. There is still no mileage and efficiency info for the last 30 days on MyChevrolet.com, Voltstats stopped getting info on 10/19. Onstar is able to read data from the car, it can get current charge and range status, but it's not sharing anything with mychevrolet or Voltstats.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone contacted OnStar or Mychevrolet to find out what's happening. There is still no mileage and efficiency info for the last 30 days on MyChevrolet.com, Voltstats stopped getting info on 10/19. Onstar is able to read data from the car, it can get current charge and range status, but it's not sharing anything with mychevrolet or Voltstats.
I have called three times since last Thurs, I urge any affected to do likewise. I have been transferred to the Owner Care Center twice and spoke with US based techies. Both have claimed they did a major software update. I had them open a Case File on me. They still don't know why the EV Lifetime Miles is being pulled or displayed in the app. And if OnStar doesn't have it VoltStats has NOTHING to work with. In fact my 2017 Volt BAZINGA is no longer visible on VoltStats and if you look at the bottom of the page you will see there are only 1588 active accounts, where before this occurred it was over 3500 accounts.

So call OnStar and ask to have a Case File opened.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts